Trail Runners

Trail Run Photos... (Read 1359 times)

Last weekend's AMAZING run through Buckskin Gulch (world's longest slot canyon) and Paria Canyon, in southwestern Utah:
    I want to go THERE! That looks so Awesome!
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
    corrade

Valet Parking

Wow, just found this group + thread. Awesome pictures Big grin Going to run a race on this tomorrow, 7 Sisters Trail Race, Amherst MA. Not too high but a gnarly series of big bumps which go East to West, a geologic rarity. They're very photogenic, we're proud of our sisters. They're tough, CR is 1:42 for the 12 mi. course. Did this pan last year, this year it will be raining. The course goes from the left edge of the photo to the right ege and back again.
        Good luck, post often in the other threads, and be sure to give us a report!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

goat

Finder of good newts

New Zealand - near Tairua about a year ago... Whenever we stayed in a town I ran up the highest thing I could find with a path... Photobucket

It's hard to look down if you don't go up

Kenotic Runner

This last weekend I did a nice run on the Wigwam Trail in the Lost Creek Wilderness in Colorado.
              This last weekend I did a nice run on the Wigwam Trail in the Lost Creek Wilderness in Colorado.
              Sweet! I did my first run in the Lost Creek area back in May... what a great place to trail run! I would imagine it would be stellar in the fall, with the aspens.
                This was the first descent (about mile 10) of the San Juan Solstice 50 last weekend. The race continues into the valley below then climbs up to the continental divide in the background and traverses right to left. This is the view of much of middle the course from mile 46. The race drops into the far valley and climbs up to the divide on the horizon. It traverse from far right to far left and out of the photo... that stretch of the divide that is visible is about mile 24 to mile 34. That stretch was at an elevation of 11,500' to 13,332'. What a long day! - Chris
                  Chris - That looks like a really nice run. Any chance there is a 50k or marathon distance with it? I'm still looking for one of those lengths to do in Colorado.
                  Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                    Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Us low landers would probably die at those elevations.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Chris - That looks like a really nice run. Any chance there is a 50k or marathon distance with it? I'm still looking for one of those lengths to do in Colorado.
                      Not at this one... just a 50 miler there. Let me check around and I'll see if I can find a good marathon/50k though...
                        This is what the trail looked like at Forest Park in Portland, OR, only after awhile, many of the sections were fairly muddy. Absolutely beautiful place to run, though.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Wow! That is really GREEN! I miss the really lush forests like that... very cool!
                            Yes, it was very green and lush. An absolutely beautiful place to run. I'm ready to go back again next year. I'd like to make Forest Park an annual event. This is another part. That's my buddy, Karen, coming into an aid station. It was pretty wet and foggy the whole day.

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Took this last summer on the Barr Trail on the way up Pikes Peak.
                              I know this spot! Your picture is much nicer, but here is mine taken with the Camera phone June 29, 2008:
                                From Snow Valley Peak along the Tahoe Rim Trail. Marlettte Lake in the distance. Wild lilac and lupine and lots of other wildflowers in full bloom. The air was scented with the blooms. Some haze from the 300+ wildfires, otherwise Lake Tahoe would be visible in the background. July 6,2008 From Snow Valley Peak