Trail Runners

Dirty trail runners weekly- w/e 1/6 (Read 180 times)

under a rock

Happy New Year! Hope everyone gets a chance to start the year off right by hitting the trails today.

I got in 5 rainy miles on one of my favorite trails today.  It feels good to finally feel recovered from the flu. My son goes back to school tomorrow so my regular running routine can begin again. Hopefully I'll be doing a 9 mile group trail run on Sunday. Fingers crossed for a better year of running this year. Last year I started off injured and wasn't able to run until the end of Feb. So I'm hoping my 5 miles today is a sign of good things to come this year.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy New Year!  I got a great start to the week (and year) by copying an idea lace-up had- run 13 miles in homage of 2013 (I won't mention the part where I got caught in a full out blizzard), was forced to run the treadmill last night for 6 miles.  Have a 6 miler in the hills planned this afternoon.  For the weekend I'm hoping to do a 17 miler on Saturday (was supposed to do 17 last Sat, but bailed and only did 12, felt a little guilty the next day so I did another 12 to help make up for it Big grin) and and easy 6 on Sunday- well that's the plan anyways.

I did finally get my airline tickets purchased for the Uwharrie race the first weekend in Feb- that's a relief

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Sounds like you guys are off to a good start for 2013!  I'm nursing a sore big toe that started hurting me before Christmas (came out of nowhere, I don't know whats wrong, not a lot of pain but not good), so no running until theres no pain.  I've done a 1/4 mile 3x now and walked it back...frustrating.  Anyways, I guess my plan for the week is to do some core, upper body, and anything else that doesn't stress the foot.

Happy New Year

**Ask me about streaking**

Wandering Wally

Happy New Year everyone!  No trails for the foreseeable future for me.  The XC skiers have taken over.  I'll have to wait until the snow melts to get back out there.  When it's cold enough I follow snowmobile trails as the tracks they leave are hard enough to run on without sinking up to my knees.

Got a good start to the week.  8 miles on Tuesday.  I did my annual New Year's Day lap around the lake in our city.  Got in 7 miles last night through some neighborhoods.  I am so glad some people still have their Christmas lights up.  It makes those night runs much nicer.  Goal is to get back to 40 miles this week and then add some hill repeats next week.  Then I need to start building mileage for a summer 50K.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

under a rock

I did finally get my airline tickets purchased for the Uwharrie race the first weekend in Feb- that's a relief

I know plenty of people doing Uwharrie. I hope that next year I'll be capable of running at least one of the distances. Are you doing the 40mi? I really should volunteer this year so I can get in for next year.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I know plenty of people doing Uwharrie. I hope that next year I'll be capable of running at least one of the distances. Are you doing the 40mi? I really should volunteer this year so I can get in for next year.

If you end up volunteering, say hello-  I'll be the guy w/ the black mustache and the funny Montana accent Big grin

I'm signed up for the 20 mile w/ my brother who lives in SC, he came and visited me in September and I just may have gotten him hooked on trails.

From everything I've read it sounds like a great venue, if it's that good I'll probably seriously consider signing up for the 40 next year (if I survive the 20 mile! Smile)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

Hoping to end up around 35 or so for the week. I'm going to hit the sagebrush hills west of town for my long run this week.

I'm at 17 for the week so far. I really need to buckle down and get serious to be in the shape I want for Moab in Feb.

edit: made it 36.5 for the week. Long trail run was just under 14 miles with about 2100' elevation gain. The snow was nice and fluffy, and the atv riders helped by packing it down in some places.

So, two of my goals for 2013 are to volunteer at more races and to run on trails.  Happy to report: done and done today.  Spent a few hours at check in and working at an aid station at the Crystal Springs trail run (Woodside CA) today, then went out and hit the trail for 10.   Some tough hills but a beautiful run through redwoods.  Cut I think I'm going to bed early tonight.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

under a rock

Finished up the week with a 9mile group run. It was damp, cloudy, and 42, perfect weather for my long run. I'm hoping that things continue to go as well for the rest of the year as they have this week. I'm even contemplating signing up for a 10 mile race next month, it will be my first since June of 2011. Trying not to get too excited so I don't jinx myself.

wanderingoutlaw

Finally made it back on a trail this morning.  13.6 miles: My longest distance in over three years.  Hope to run a different trail on Friday for a similar distance.

John

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

looks like everyone is having a good start to the new year- excellent!

finished up the week today with a 18 mile run in the hills today, the snow is really kicking my ass-bad!  I keep telling myself that it's going to pay off when it's gone.

45.5 miles for the week, which is just about where I wanted to be; so far so good in 2013 Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √