Trail Runners

Pirates Cove, Sausalito, CA - Anybody?? (Read 191 times)

Anybody gonna be running this next weekend? I'm doing the 30k.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Just saw your post - no, it's a little too far away for me. If you do it, post a report!
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        I'll definitely post a report. Just wondering if anybody else here was participating. If any of you ever get a chance to participate in an event put on by Pacific Coast Trail Runs, you won't regret it. Sara and Wendell do a fantastic job and have the best aid stations. Their motto: Runs that Aren't Races in Beautiful Places. www.pctrailruns.com

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

giddy-yup

If any of you ever get a chance to participate in an event put on by Pacific Coast Trail Runs, you won't regret it. Sara and Wendell do a fantastic job and have the best aid stations. Their motto: Runs that Aren't Races in Beautiful Places. www.pctrailruns.com
          Agreed. My wife and I will be doing the 8K together. Good luck with the 30k. And hopefully the weather on Saturday will be similar to yesterday (and today)! Big grin
            My wife and I will be doing the 8K together. Good luck with the 30k. And hopefully the weather on Saturday will be similar to yesterday (and today)! Big grin
            And hopefully that weather is not too cold, not to warm, and no fog or rain??? Smile I'll be wearing a white hat w/a Nike swoosh on the front, black running pants, and hot pink/leopard-style print gaiters. Would love to say, "Hey." Good luck Saturday!

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

giddy-yup

And hopefully that weather is not too cold, not to warm, and no fog or rain??? Smile I'll be wearing a white hat w/a Nike swoosh on the front, black running pants, and hot pink/leopard-style print gaiters. Would love to say, "Hey." Good luck Saturday!
              Ya, after a cloudy and drizzly Saturday, weather's been perfect here. Okay, maybe a slight bit warm for running (mid-60's), but clear and beautiful. Although, I should add the caveat that conditions are often a touch cooler, more windy and foggy at the beach than where I'm at. We'll keep a lookout for ya. I'll be (likely, since I usually am) the only guy in a wide-brimmed hat.
              TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

That sounds like a great run. I've been looking at the Pacific Coast Trails Races website. I like the style of things. Xterra ran a good race with great food and aid stations, but I like the impression I got about the PCT races from you and the website. I may run in their Pt. Magu or Malibu Creek runs. I would love to take my wife up to the bay area for a weekend get a way and run one of the races up there. May be Angel Island or something in the redwoods. I look forward to your report. Take some pictures. Smile
                Find the fun.
                  I would love to take my wife up to the bay area for a weekend get a way and run one of the races up there. May be Angel Island or something in the redwoods. I look forward to your report. Take some pictures. Smile
                  Besides going to Portland for the Forest Park run, I believe the furthest north they came is outside of Jenner at Salt Point. That's the last of their organized events we ran last year. Beautiful! However, if you want to just run someplace stunning, check out the Trinity Alsp sometime. A great jump off spot is Canyon Creek, which is a few miles west (?) of Weaverville, CA, at Junction City. If you check out my blog, I've posted quite a few pictures from there. It has to be one of the most stunning places I've been. We're going back the first part of September for a day run. It should be perfect weather then. I'll definitely be taking pictures this Saturday and will share. Here's a couple of pics from Salt Point We came to this prairie after an incredibly long climb: Out of the hills, across the road, heading toward the cliffs (looking back at where we just came from): View while running along the cliffs: MTA: I have no idea why the pictures are so blurry. They weren't before I changed the size.

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance