Trail Runners

First Trail Run (Read 182 times)

Well, I did it finally.........my first trail run yesterday.  A nice easy 3.5 miles with a co-worker friend who runs ultras and is a crazy trail runner.  We are fortunate to have our office close enough to several trails that are really nice, so we did a lunch-time jaunt.

About 2.5 of the 3.5 miles is single-track that is rutted pretty good.  The run is a big loop up onto the top of a mesa with the first 1.5 being uphill.......the steepest of which is the second 3/4 mile.......steep enough that I had to take a couple of walk breaks. What surprised me most was the downhill.  I think I felt EVERY tendon and muscle in my lower legs and feet.  It was fun, but definitely something I need to work into the routine and be careful with.

I think this will definitely become part of my regular routine!!!

Happy trails!!!!

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

under a rock

Congrats on your first trail run! Glad you really enjoyed it. Just wait until you race on trails, that just takes the fun up another notch and you'll be hooked for life.
        Good for you, Sean!  You'll never go back to "road" again . . . if you don't have to.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I love my mid day lunch trail runs. Maybe it's because I do the large majority of my runs in the dark. Welcome. Get dirty.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.