Trail Runners

Do we do intros here or do I just start posting and pretend like I've been here forever? (Read 109 times)

Shiksa

Big grin I am thrilled to be a part of this forum. I didn't realize it was here. Run To Win directed me this way from my post about trail shoes on the main board. Thank you. I'm doing my first trail run on March 29th. It is the Napa Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, and 10K. I'll be doing the 1/2 marathon. I cannot wait. I've been road running for about 2 years. I took some time off to have a baby, but have been back 100% for about 10 months. I have four kids. Hiking has been a part of my life for many many years. Trail running is new, but it seems like the perfect mix of the two leisure activities I love the most. I'm currently low heart rate training so I may have to run the 1/2 at a pleasant pace vs. a competitive pace this year if I have not completed my aerobic base training. I hope to do more trails in the future. With my busy family, I'll probably have to live vicariously through many of you.

Stacy
    I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://www.BlakeHillHouse.com

" Do we do intros here or do I just start posting and pretend like I've been here forever? " Yes. Sure! Welcome! Glad to have you. Glad you found us. I, too, found trail running to be the perfect mix of hiking and running. It is a great way to see more of nature than most people can in a typical hike. See more, run more. Hard to beat.
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado