Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team-February 2009 (Read 374 times)

My intentions this a.m. were 4 power walking miles . . . . but after a little over 2, I couldn't help myself. I broke into a very slow jog (well, tried to keep it slow), kept my stomach sucked in good to try and minimize movement in that area, and stayed at a nice slow pace until Mile 3.5, then back down to a power walk. Some minor residual soreness in the tummy area, but all in all felt really, really good. Ended up with an average pf 12:57 over the 4 miles, so I feel like I was pickin' 'em up and settin' 'em down even when walking. This makes me a very happy camper! Big grin Av/Best/HR 1. 13:54/9:07/102 (I have absolutely no idea where the 9:07 came from Confused ) 2. 13:45/11:35/122 3. 11:32/10:14/133 4. 12:35/9:59/140

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Good for you. It will probably speed your healing getting the extra oxygen into your system from running.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Ended up with an average pf 12:57 over the 4 miles, so I feel like I was pickin' 'em up and settin' 'em down even when walking. This makes me a very happy camper! Big grin
        Hey! That sounds like an average pace for me on a good day and I didn't have surgery recently. Way to go Leslie! I am struggling to find balance over here. My running is pretty erratic because DH is home and I am doing P90X with him to keep him company. That, in addition to extra cooking, laundry and time with him is making it harder for me to squeeze in running. I did run 4-5 miles today (without the gps I can't say for sure) and it was a great time. I am going to try running early in the mornings and see if that helps me be more consistent. Greg, my sister received a layoff notice for her whole department a couple weeks ago too. She had two former colleagues call her recently saying, "you are perfect for this job opening with my new employer." I am praying that you have the same good fortune. Chris, I am still waiting for that race report. Good job on the three hour run and I hope your Achilles is just fine. Kelly, you start the new job next week, right? How are you feeling? Kitrin
          Great article about a runner from your neck of the woods, Chris: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/24/sports/othersports/24runner.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Hello everybody! It appears that we all have busy lives lately. The posts are less frequent than they were. I ran 6.5 miles yesterday, but did not get around to posting about it. The run began humid with a little fog, but by the end of the run it burned off and the heat and wind (20mph and gusting to 35!) dried all my accumulated sweat. I averaged 12:19 per mile and I worked HARD when I headed into the wind. Though it was a tough run, it felt good to go some distance again. I plan a shorter run tomorrow. What do all of you have planned for the weekend? Kitrin

Ultrachick

Ski school, anatomy, 17 mile run, anatomy, anatomy, some food, anatomy, sleep? get ready for first day at new job, some more anatomy (first test on Tuesday) Big grin
              If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                Sorry, it was a hectic week. I'll do that race report one of these weeks.... Did a nice 28.5 mile trail run on Saturday. The weather has been incredible lately... it was 75F when I ran at lunch. That's not really normal for Colorado on March 2. Weird.