Trail Runners

Where's Johny Franglais? (Read 98 times)

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Hey Johnny, are you out there? How's the training going for the big race in April? Big grin
    Find the fun.

Into the wild

Hey TS...I'm hanging in there... I've had trouble with my feet Confused As for the 100km in April, I'll be on the start line with around 130 individuals and 13 teams of 4 for this inaugural run of this event. I have read the course route a dozen times with the map in hand so I am 'getting to know' the route. I am sure its execution with not be so easy Wink I am woefully undertrained but will adopt a strategy to get me through in as good a time as I can.... It's not at all certain to be free of snow..that will make it fun Clowning around I'm just praying that any wind on offer is at my back... I have a 30k run next weekend on a trail giving 1350m of positive; I feel this will either give me confidence in the big one or confirm my doubts.. I'll let you know how it all unfolds; thanks for asking Big grin Johnny

Shut up and run

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Good to hear you're hanging in there. I hope you feet improve. Have you tried changing shoes or inserts? A 30K training run! Wow I'm building up for a 22K in May. Right now the most distance I've done is 11 miles. Good running. Smile
        Find the fun.

Into the wild

He he he.... don't get me started on shoes Wink Been through Salomon, Lafuma, Montrail, New Balance in search of the holy grail... From another thread... I believe my foot trouble started with the minimal 285s from Inov8, especially as I have a 'good' arch. I bought the 315s and, touch wood, things are improving (That could simply be a function of time though!! ) If these 315 prove themselves on the 30k that I've got this weekend I'll rush out and buy another couple of pairs!! Happy Trails

Shut up and run

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Sorry to bring up a painful subject. Good luck.
            Find the fun.