Trail Runners

Why is trail running awesome? (Read 321 times)

So to start this off....  

1.  Trail running rocks because trail runners have no concern about Boston, BAA, and who "deserves" to to actually register before everyone else... Big grin

2.  ....  your turn!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Imminent Catastrophe

#2 You won't get this view in Boston either...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

#3 - other runners are friendly and helpful, and not focused so much on competition.

#4 - Out in nature, no vehicle fumes to breath.

#5 - you can get to some really cool places in less time than just hiking

#6 - Walking is the norm (at least on uphills)

#7 - No road rash when you fall.  Just dirt or mud.

Smile

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        Buzzie

Bacon Party!

#8 - the world is your urinal  Wink

Liz

pace sera, sera

The King of Beasts

# 9 TrailGirls don't mind getting dirty.

# 10 sun, hail, snow, rain, wind, hot, cold, night and day, all in the same race.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

#11 - trail runners are HAWT!

Liz

pace sera, sera

#12. No cell reception

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

#13 - Out in nature, no vehicle fumes to breath.

(that one bears repeating.)

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

#14.  Cheaper than therapy

(ps - love #8)

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

under a rock

#15- Race Swag is not the main factor in how you decide which races to run.

under a rock

#16- Trail runners don't care if their Garmin comes up short or long during a race, and would more than likely be thrilled to find out it was longer than expected.

#17 - You get to eat real food, not just shot blocks and those gawd awful GUs

#18 - "I ran 31 (or more) miles over rocks and roots, through mud puddles and streams" sounds a lot more impressive than "I ran 26.2 miles through downtown [insert name of city]."

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

The King of Beasts

# 19 two words... Belt Buckle

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

# 19 two words... Belt Buckle

Big grin

The King of Beasts

# 20. I'm bleeding...... and no one thinks thats odd.