Swim Bike Run

DON'T Do These in Triathlon Swimming by Gerry Rodrigues (Read 46 times)

Interesting read and triathlon swimming from the guys at Flo Cycling. It appears I've been doing it right after all.

Probably better to read THIS article first, then the list of don'ts ( <-- not sure how if thats grammatically correct)

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

Interesting read and triathlon swimming from the guys at Flo Cycling. It appears I've been doing it right after all.

I wish I understood half of it. This just reminds me how much I suck when I swim. Thanks.

I edited my original post and added the interview with Gerry Rodrigues that adresses some of the things on his list.

I wish I understood half of it. This just reminds me how much I suck when I swim. Thanks.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I love swim coaches, one says tomato one says tomata

Don't swim breathe every 3 strokes or more?? I tend to have to much head movement which causes more drag when I breathe and if I breathe less then that (every 2) then I will have more drag because I will lift my head up more

I took a total immersion class this past weekend, i don't really recommend it. The lady was nice and I learned alot about body position but I can't take their whole philosophy. My favorite line was "if your tired when you get in the pool, just do 2 or 3 laps and get out." I was alittle tired when I started my run this morning at 6, maybe I should have turned around and went home.