Swim Bike Run

BOA closure cycling shoes? (Read 18 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Has anyone used these and found them to work well for tris/dus?

In the next month or so my Seven Mudhoney (squee!!) should be fully ready to roll and I'm planning to ditch my existing worn-out road shoes and too-small mtn. shoes and go to 1 pair of shoes and universal pedal system for everything.  Since we're partners in a LBS we get dealer pricing on shoes and I'm currently eyeballing a pair of 2015 Fizik M3s, which have BOA lacing (and one smaller velcro strap above the toe area).

In theory they seem like they'd work well for faster duathlon transitions...both in terms of being easier to run in on asphalt and grass transition zones (vs. non-recessed Look cleats on my current LG CFS-300 road shoes), but also in terms of faster on/off.  Can anyone attest to this theory holding water?

Otherwise I'm also considering the M1s, but they're pricier and have more traditional 2 velcro strap + 1 ratchet release strap.

TIA for any input.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Never heard of the BOA closure system until you brought it up.  Did a little search on some of the bike forums and seems to be all good and positive reviews.  Comfortable, easy to use, excellent customer service.  Curious to hear of any experiences you have in trying these on.

I have the Louis Garneau Road shoes with 3 velcro straps.  Not ideal for quick transitions.  I've noticed that with the few tris/dus that I did this year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There are some tri running shoes that I think have BOA closures, too, I think, though it seems like speed laces are much more common.  And I can remember years ago my FIL having running shoes (Brooks Beasts, perhaps) that had BOA closures.  That was the first I'd ever seen them.  This was probably at least a decade ago.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay