Swim Bike Run

RunningAhead club on Strava (Read 188 times)

http://app.strava.com/clubs/runningahead

Go to clubs and search US in the location to find RunningAhead

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

IMKY13 finish!!

what is Strava ?

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

what is Strava ?

About Us

Strava grew out of our own needs as athletes. With busy lives requiring much solo training, we missed the sense of camaraderie and friendly competition that drove us to achieve our best through training with others. We envisioned Strava as the means to put our workouts and races into context. We call that social fitness.

Today, Strava lets athletes all over the world experience social fitness—sharing, comparing and competing with each other's personal fitness data via mobile and online apps. Currently focused on the needs of avid cyclists and runners, Strava lets you track your rides and runs via your iPhone, Android or dedicated GPS device to analyze and quantify your performance. Strava makes fitness a social experience, providing motivation and camaraderie even if you’re exercising alone.

The big difference is that users can make routes, segemnts or rides that they ride often and save them. Each time a Strava user rides on a portion of a road or trail that has been created and saved to Stravas database will then be compared, timed, with all other users that have riden that segment and ranks them from King OF the Mountain (KOM) on down.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

MTA: I thought I was posting the bit below in the Bike Shop. I can't keep this stuff straight.  ...just don't come and "steal" my KOMs and we'll be Ok. Ok?

------------------

Yup. It's entertaining.

As a log it's missing a lot for me. For example, my recent 10K came out to 6.1something miles (usual GPS deviation) and I wasn't able to get credit for it as my fastest and don't think I can make the distance adjustment. Also my GPS didn't get a good signal due to the tall buildings near my office in Boston so it plotted me down a different street and said I ran a 70 something second quarter. Nope!

The KOM is cool. I've got plans on owning a couple near my house. Since I've imported data all the way back to April all of my summer riding is there. Some segments I looked up for KOM, etc.. were already owned by non other than pro rider Tim Johnson. That dude motors like a f'ing sports car. 

But what is most cool is that I have another tool to plot out future rides by stalking others.

sirdizzy

I love strava I use it all the time on my phone.