UK Ultra Runners

CTS Marathon - Sussex (Read 322 times)

Raced this on Saturday, some of it over parts of the Beachy Head course, but much harder in terms of the amount of climbs and the total elevation gain/loss (about 5900ft). I came 15th overall in 4:33 so pretty chuffed with that, Stuart Mills won in 3:33. Slight issue with my dibber not registering at the 1st CP, but have e-mailed the organisers to try and rectify that, finished really strong (Rob, our iusual strategy Smile), in fact my

time between the last CP and the finish was about the same as the top 3, and quicker than most of those who finished ahead of me.

My quads howver still feel like they have been hit with a meat tenderiser, made the 20miler on Sunday interesting. 

Start to wind down a little over this week, so c50miles running, and definitely no more hard races until after my London challenge.

How is everyone else, what have you been upto, any good runs done over the weekend, or planned for the near future?

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

I have had a reasonably good few weeks and seemed to be consistently breaking my previous course PB's on various events without even trying, I have a feeling it is down to good quality long distance training at the weekends.

I too have found that I am feeling much stronger at the back quarter of events and stonk through the field.

So this week is a big week, mileage dropped down last week to just 40 miles with a cheeky little 19 miler yesterday with my buddies George and Michael. Will do ~10 miles tomorrow at recovery/easy pace, a maintenance run on Thursday and then I have to run the Crawley 12 hour race on Saturday which I want to do really well in and will definitely beat last year's 100,405 metres

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Well done again David. 2011 is the year mate.

Apart from having fun in the lakes last week my running has been pretty non existent due to a glute issue thats been around since before Moonlight challenge back in Feb (too much sitting down you might say)

Well I finally discovered the issue is with my piriformis muscle being very tight. It's effectively wrapped arund the Sciatic never. Done some great stretches today that made me want to scream hell mary as it was so tight at first but feeling much better afterwards. Still feels sore but it looks like I have this butt problem cracked (pardon the bad joke!)

So i am looking forward to coming back on this as the fitness is still there. Test run tomorrow to see what happens.

New shoes being ordered today as well. Need some new road shoes as well as Off road. Expensive but fun times.

Happens to the best of us Richard

PITA

Mine didn't help with the shooting pains and the throbbing big toe and the a stab like feeling in the knee. I get it once in awhile but the knee to opposite shoulder stretch always teases it out

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily