UK Ultra Runners

Doyen of the Downs 2011 (Read 286 times)

I am amazed that on 19 people ran this race last month.....well not really amazed after the horrific way that they treat competitor's refunds after the cancellation in 2010. I even see some websites have marked it up as "Discontinued" they possibly know something we don't.

MTA

Even more amazed is that only 93 ran the iconic London to BrightonShocked

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

With the iconic L2B I am surprised there were less than 100 starters however like the doyen the price for entry has rocketed (effectively doubled) and that is asking a lot from average folk especially with the choice out there now in terms of races / events.

I agree, I was astounded to see it is £98 this year....I have this little plan in my mind to run London to Brighton at some stage this year, a reduced route but was thinking driving to a  train station somewhere in the northern part of the North Downs and doing a version of the route and then get a train back.

I'll keep in touch if this plan comes to fruition

Jerry

ooo that sounds tasty Smile

Definitely interested in this adventure, takes me back to when we first ran together. Eye opener on the navigation Shocked

Then let's say it will happen at some stage this year, see if I can arrange a group via Facebook  or here and make it a Fat Ass type event. We can find villages along the way to refuel water etc but I usually pull on the good will of people and knock on their door (as I did at the Croydon Ultra last year)

Jerry

I still have the map book from L2B when we did it in 2009, i expect you probably still have yours too Jezza.
              Let me know when you are doing this as I would like to get lost, I mean, re-trace the route again Wink

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

Excellent

I have the Stage 1, 2 and 3 mapped on MapMy Run, we could possibly do it for April/May as a preparation run for GUCR to get our kit worn in

Jerry

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Good idea on the Fat Ass event. I'll join you on this for a cider in Brighton!

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

Feeling 100% now and working my way back to fitness.

May would be good for me as I got Milton Keynes mara end of April. Still not sure whether to look for a PB.