UK Ultra Runners

Quiet in here (Read 207 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Hey sir.

Where in the world you been? I was looking on a couple of other user groups and saw you were back.

It's gone dead as a Dodo in here.

How's tricks? Back in training? Hope all is well. Ready to rock and roll soon then Smile

Purdey

Self anointed title

Hi Richie

I've had almost exactly a year off from running - with a resultant 3 stone gain in weight....  but I've entered a couple of races next year as goals to get me motivated.

What are you up to?

Excellent to hear you are back in action.

What races did you enter? 

I have been ok, this year not gone how I have wanted to but thats how it goes. Took the last 4-5 days off due to a chest cold but felt much better

today on a short run so it's back to work on that one..

Entered the Stort30 in October for a social run Smile Pulled out before the North Downs 100 started this year due to not being happy with preparation for it so need to work on that before next year (will enter another 100 race I'm sure).

Otherwise it's just getting out the door and logging some miles.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I've entered the Country to Capital 45 and the Thames Trot 50.

I will almost certainly do the Crawley 12hr as well.

I might try for an entry for the GUCR - been unlucky twice, so maybe third time lucky.

Cool! I still have not got around to running those 3 events. Might have to drop some cash on them Smile

I'm sure ladyluck will shine for you this time. Another one on my list.

Double run for me today and I am feeling good again. Looks like the only way is up.

Hi Purdey

Good to hear from you after so long, I have a feeling it is becuase Richie, David, Rob and the others tend to communicate on the dreaded Facebook and Twitter a lot. 

I am doing the Whitecliffs 52 miler (LDWA) at the end of the month and the Stort 30 in October, that will not be a social run for me as I want to plod it out in under 5 hours but with by present fitness will be happy to get through it. I am looking forward to it as it is very low key so I have a feeling the pub maybe involved at the end or at least a group meal.

I am attempting to enter GUCR 2013 but not holding out much as I have been very lucky so far as for Crawley, I love that event but family and work commitments are getting in the way these days but willmake a decision later on this year.  I love the fact you have entered C2C and TT50, I love those runs as I get quite a buzz out of river and canal runs, hence the Stort 30

Jerry
                A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

HiJezzah. Good to hear from you.