UK Ultra Runners

Suffolk Fat Ass 67k - 1st April 2012 (Read 360 times)

Anyone fancy a training run of about 70km? Can I tempt you with some fine coastal trail running?

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=68738

On the 1st of April, 2012 it's the Suffolk Fat Ass 67k. In it's second year now and gaining a loyal following.

-=====================================================-

"No fees, no awards, no aid, no wimps."

Starts in Felixstowe and ends in Cattawade, running along the length of the Stour & Orwell Walk. Coastal running at it's finest.

Meet at the finish early morning with transport being organised to take runners from the finish to the start for a 9am start. Email for more details.

£10 entry cost is non-refundable if you don't show up. Your money will be used wisely to promote future Fat Ass Running events. If you do turn up, then you get your money back and it's a free event.

-=====================================================-

Signing up is easy.

Step 1 – Send an email to matthew.biggin@gmail.com with the following information

• First Name
    • Last Name
    • Mobile Phone Number
    • Email Address
    • Age on the 1st April 2012
    • Male/Female

Step 2 – Transfer £10 via PayPal to matthew.biggin@gmail.com, ensuring that the method you use carries no charges for the recipient.

Simple.

I'll then confirm via email that your entry and fee have been received.

Hey mate.

I will certainly be there. Need a long day out :Big grin

What time do you need to be at the finish early morning in order to catch the bus?

Will buzz you details shortly.

Good man!

I will be booking the transport to leave the finish at 7:45am. You should get there in plenty of time because we wont be waiting. If you miss it then you'll need to drive to the start instead and arrange transport yourself back to pick your car up. I will distribute taxi numbers to everyone beforehand in case they need it.

thanks for fantastic day out Matt.

Will have a blog report as soon as possible. Despite getting lost (48 miles in total) I enjoyed the day immensely.

Bring on another grand day out Smile

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Weather couldn't have been any better and the route lived up to expectations. There's some fabulous places to run along that route.

Next Event: Stour Valley Fat Ass 100k - 22nd July 2012

Will need to consult diary and plans for that day.

Here is my report if you can stomach the duration Smile

http://richardultra.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/suffolk-fat-ass-67k-phone-friend.html

Enjoy.

Nice report mate. I might pull a quote or two from it for my website. (Including a link to the original of course)

no problemo.

Need another long day out now, got a craving for it!