UK Ultra Runners

GUCR 2012 (Read 371 times)

Whhhooppppeeeeeeee, I am in Big grin

See you there David

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Cripes!!! You both entered.......neither of you even asked me if I wanted to!!!! Now its full. scumbags!!!

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

I didn't even know David had entered but he did hint so it was a really nice surprise to see him as well Smile

Jerry

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

hmmm.....

I am a bit stuck as the LDWA Games 100 have not got back to me for the June race next year. They wanted a 50+ for 2011 but I only have the Ridgeway a couple of months before this as most recent. That damn leg break just got in the way!! I'd quite like to get in a long one well before the wedding you see.

Anyway, I'll be Gatliff-ing as it is just down the road.

Rob - Really sorry, I had thought that you were deifinitely in the LDWA 100 in June, so didn't even think

GUCR would have ben an option. I didn't really mention it to anyone, just thought I would apply and see

if I was one of the unlucky ones who gets in. This race is also still under final approval from Mrs H.

If you really wan't to have a crack at it (which I think you have laways said you wouldn't), is it worth going on

the waiting list? Or there is NDW100, or SDW100 which I think are both June.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

David, there is no waiting list for GUCR as Dick changed the rules this year he has pulled out 55 unsupported and 55 supported runners from the hat and then there is a select bunch who have been "invited" to run. There will be natural wastage which will drop below 100 through the next 9 months.

I have yet to break the news to the Delightful Mrs S but have informed my girls in passing knowing I will be grassed up in the next few weeks Wink

Focus is now:

1. Gatliff 50km (November)
              2. Brecon Beacons 40 mile (December)
              3. Winter Tanners 50km (January)
              4. Moonlight Challenge 50km (February)
              5. Thames Path 100 mile (March)
              6. GUCR 1485 mile (June)

Jerry

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

No problems at all fellas!

If the LWDA don't get back then I'll have a go at the NDW100 or SDW100. I much prefer the SDW as the NDW can get really technical and easy to get lost over in the west. TP100 is too early for me and too difficult to do around work commitments.

Gatliff 50km

C2C 45 (a possibility) but a slow one.

Tanners

Thames Trot 50 (feb)

then some spring marathons and a B2B if I can find one!.......Steyning Stinger, 3FM, Sussex Coastal, Sevenoaks Circular 30m, Halstead

then we shall see......

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

I'm a bit short of long slow miles at the mo and am going into Gatliff next week with a (hopefully 20 miler tomorrow) and nothing over 15 miles since my 31 miles of getting lost on the GCM on 18th September!!!

Jezza, I see the course record for Gatliff is 4.54 (I think Immune can break this!) but I also see that there is some swimming involved. New shoes have arrived (although a tad greater in mass than expected) and I'll see you next sunday. Rolling start...what time are you aiming for?

Our times are always much slower on the LDWA type events because of the navigation aspect and the opportunity to plunder the well stocked checkpoints.

If I am still doing this I will be doing it very slowly because of the Brecon Beacons 40 mile ultra 6 days after which I will be wanting fresh legs for

In my opinion that time will have only been done if the person knew the paths and the general directions as it is very difficult to navigate in places as the directions can be a bit vague.....so I have no time in mnd as I won't be racing it 

Jerry

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Only kidding for the course record!!!

How about a catch up over those checkpoints and we can wolf down some carbs!