UK Ultra Runners

Dorney Lake Half Marathon (Read 306 times)

Seems like we have all been very busy training as there have been no posts on here for a while. Either that or everyone is on holiday (somewhere nice i hope Smile).

Did the Dorney Lake Half Mara yesterday, same venue as i did my Half Mara PB last year. In short, I had the run of my life, my previous time

from almost 1yr ago was 1:35.44 and yesterday I did 1:26.50 (6:38per mile). Will post full race report on my Blog or here tomorrow, needless

to say I am chuffed to bits with that time.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

Well done you are rocking at the moment David, I had a little cracker at the Sevenoaks Circular with George on Sunday. I had a little glitch in my training this week with some problems with my thigh but ran it anyway after a change in domestic arrangements at short notice

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

awesome time David.

I was out having a mad time on BGR leg 3 on monday just gone. Will start a thread on this as it was just plain mad :-)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Will anyone ever catch him?

I am itching to get up to marathon distance again. Pleased to report that the training is going OK and I am due to have my metalwork out of the leg on friday, which has been restricting my movement. I am targetting a summer marathon

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

Great News Rob, I have been following your blog and was very interested in the cider drinking which is of paramount importance to any good runner.

I have decided that I want to be able to run at least one good marathon instead of concentrating on long runs all the time. After my most recent runs where I have dropped the distance but picked up the pace I have realised there is still some speed in them. So will really concentrate on a good time after May and I have gone throught he recovery process.

I am still amazed by the speed of your recovery and how you tone has changed from absolute despair to a very optimistic one, it is so good to hear you like this again.

Jerry
            A runners blog-updated daily