UK Ultra Runners

Stour Valley 100k (Read 527 times)

MattHearne

Thanks for the feedback Jerry. Yes, I know quite a few people are nervous about the cut-off. To be honest, we probably won't be too tough in enforcing the cut-off in the first year (although we did not want to mention this on our website). We just wanted to make sure that the majority of people were aiming to complete the course before the trains stop running and so that the volunteers did not have to stay out too late. We are certainly not going to disqualify people if they are finishing within a reasonable period after the cut-off though, we want as many people to receive finisher t-shirts and medals as possible.

I am more than likely going to do it but I have GUCR in May and I am pacing at few races. How are you for a Sweeper? I have good references from Centurion Running and Challenge Running having done a few races for them.

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

MattHearne

Sure Jerry, it would be great if you are able to join us, whether you are racing or not. If you decide not to run, then your offer of sweeping would be very much appreciated, given your knowledge of the route.

Please feel free to 'like' our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. We also have the event listed on Facebook (found under the SVP100 Facebook page), which you can add yourself to. That way, we can keep you posted with all the latest news, as we should have some exciting announcements over the coming months. For example, the Human Performance Unit from the University of Essex will be undertaking a study during the race...more information to come soon. Links to the Facebook page and Twitter can be found on the homepage of the website.

Best of luck with your training for the GUCR. I believe James Adams and Mimi were considering doing a double GUCR (out and back), although James had consumed quite a few beers when he told me about those plans {#RAEmoticonsDlg.bigGrin}

angusquinton

Hi all,

I'm a student at Sheffield Hallam University and very much into ultra races. I've been working alongside RacingThePlanet, an ultra-marathon company based in Hong Kong. I have been out to there events in Iceland and the Gobi Desert and would highly recommend their 4Deserts events series, due to their great event atmosphere, spectacular courses and amazing locations.

I'm wondering if people could do me a huge favor and please could you fill in a quick 2 minute questionnaire on the motivations for participation in long distance running. It is for a university thesis so it would be a huge help for the research.

The survey is looking for long distance runners. The current literature linked with participation and the motivations provide analytical views and studies on the concept of class/cultural/social and economic aspects related to running. 

Confidentiality is assured. Thank you in advance!

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=ryy0vpj2jkr65yz326463&refer=

MattHearne

Thanks for your message angusquinton. Do feel free to post your link to our Facebook page (link is on our website), as I'm sure you will get some responses.

Best regards,

Matthew