UK Ultra Runners

NDW50 (Read 681 times)

Whoops wrong Gemma, I was confusing her with James Adam's girlfriend Gemma Greenwood Blush

Not to worry I have contacted Gemma Carter via Facebook and we are going to buddy up for the Surrey Tops run....I had to name drop David and Claire S as my references Big grin

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

angusquinton

Hi all,

It seems like a perfect place to post but sorry for the irrelevant response which doesn't have anything to do with the NDW50. But it's perfect in the sense that it is linked with my questionnaire and dissertation...

Sorry if it's totally irrelevant but I was just wondering if people could do me a huge favor and please fill in a quick 2 minute questionnaire on the motivations for participation in long distance running. It is for a university thesis so it would be a huge help for the research.

I'm a student at Sheffield Hallam University and very much into ultra races. I've been working alongside RacingThePlanet, an ultra-marathon company based in Hong Kong. I have been out to there events in Iceland and the Gobi Desert and would highly recommend their 4Deserts events series.

The survey is looking for ultra runners. The current literature linked with participation and the motivations provide analytical views and studies on the concept of class/cultural/social and economic aspects related to running. 

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=ryy0vpj2jkr65yz326463&refer=

(Sorry for spam posting! But just thought from reading the thread members would be the perfect group to target)

Confidentiality is assured. Thank you in advance!