UK Ultra Runners

Next few Races (Read 238 times)

Hi All

I am at the following races over the coming weeks, be great to say hello if you are also at the same events

New Forest Mara - Sun 25th Sept

Abingdon Mara - Sun 16th Oct

Beachyhead Mara - Sat 22nd Oct

NYC Mara (4hr Pace Leader Big grin) - Sun 6th Nov (unlikely I will see any of you here but you never know)

Portsmouth Coastal Mara - Sun 18th Dec

Once I get NYC out the way I really need to get some structure back to the training and start doing consistent

50 and 60+ mile weeks as the Thames Path 100 early March will come round very quickly and I seem to be

bouncing from one Marathon to the next at the moment. Shouldn't complain, I am enjoying myself and doing

some good times (for me anyway), but am aware that volume has dropped a lot the last month or so.

Happy Running.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

David

Jury is still out on the stuff I am running as Mrs S whilst being very patient recently because of Kent Coastal Marathon and Surrey Tops may turn if I do not show willing in various domestic duties.

I may be taking part in a few LDWA events during the winter  but will definitely be running in the Moonlight Challenge as always (4/2/2011)

I am going to have some TLC at the moment as my legs have taken a lot in recently and my hamstring/ITB/piriformis are grumbling a little

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

David you beat me to this topic as I was just about to create it myself Big grin

NYC eh!!! Fantastic.

I am probably not going to do too much this side of Xmas but will be doing Winter Tanners in Jan and then get a proper schedule together. Race a month at least Shy

Jerry, I was looking at LDWA Founders Challenge (23rd Oct) or Blackwater marathon (29th Oct) for a good day out if you fancy it or just a good day out on the Downs.

Training is just getting out the door at the moment but that will change come end of this month.

btw - if you want help for TP100 guys I am free that date and will gladly be support etc if required.

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

after just getting totally lost on the green chain marathon last sunday and running 31 miles, I am feeling a bit more up for bigger things. I am doing the Blackwater marathon at the end of October (no spaces at Beachy) and then I might have a go at Gatliff and then the Portsmouth. I have a place in the Thames Trot 50 at the start of feb (carried over from last year) and then will probably have a go at the C2C in Jan to get some miles in my legs. Following that, there are loads of spring marathons and will probably be looking to do a few back to backs before the Jubilee 100 on the June bank hols.

After that I'm going to take a little time off so that I can get married and have a honeymoon! Dave, Jezza save the date .......21st July

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/