Windy City Runners

Monthlies - April (Read 20 times)

Duke of the Internet

What did everyone end up with mileage for March?  Any big races coming up?

Sharz96

44 miles in March.  Pathetic. Sad

Duke of the Internet

Hopefully, the better weather in April will help!!

Trail Dog

I ran 230.4 miles in March. That is a personal best by 10 or 20 miles.

My next race is the BAA 5k on April 14th, the day before the Boston Marathon. Then I have the Wisconsin Marathon on May 4th. My first road marathon, which is quite backwards when you think I've run 11 trail ultras (3 up to 40 miles) and one road 50k.

Trail Dog

NBT update -- yesterday we ran from Old Orchard to Winnetka Rd on the dirt trail. It is mostly dry, with 3 or 4 muddy spots. We only saw one small patch of snow. Huge improvement over my run there nine days earlier when I was on ice and slush and thick mud almost the entire way.

anneb

I ran 188 miles last month - a pretty big month for me. April should be a bit lower since I have a vacation planned in the middle - no races right now, but that could change. I decided about a week ago that I didn't want to run a spring marathon - and instead registered for the Wisconsin half on May 4th. I am looking forward to that race!

Anne

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Only ran 91 miles last month. I have the Shamrock Shuffle coming up next weekend, then a whole bunch of nothing save for a 5k May 4th. I'll probably look to bulking up my race schedule, since it's the only thing that seems to keep my mileage up.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

I managed 247 miles for March.  By prior PR for the month was 231 from last year.  Sitting at 709 on the year.

Got in two decent races (Cary HM and Chi-Town 10k) so there was some mini taper / recovery time that dented the total.  Overall, a good month.  Hopefully the hay in the barn does not rot in the next 14 days.

No Shamrock Shuffle for me this year.  After Boston I have the Race that's Good for Life 5k in Oak Park and then the Soldier Field 10 over Memorial Day weekend. I need to sign up for more races.

6 very easy miles on tap today and tomorrow.  My big workout this week is 10 miles a GMP on Wednesday...  May do that in loops around the Glenview Park Center to avoid having to stop at roads on the North Branch.  I'm sure to be attacked by geese and at least 1 rabid dog.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Hey, it's a lot better than 0.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Duke of the Internet

I ran 188 miles last month - a pretty big month for me. April should be a bit lower since I have a vacation planned in the middle - no races right now, but that could change. I decided about a week ago that I didn't want to run a spring marathon - and instead registered for the Wisconsin half on May 4th. I am looking forward to that race!

I'm also running the half at Wisconsin.  I haven't seen the course but heard it's great.  The finishers medals are sweet.  I saw them on facebook.

Duke of the Internet

Only ran 91 miles last month. I have the Shamrock Shuffle coming up next weekend, then a whole bunch of nothing save for a 5k May 4th. I'll probably look to bulking up my race schedule, since it's the only thing that seems to keep my mileage up.

I thought the Shamrock Shuffle already happened.  I'm so out of touch.  The weather for the weekend looks pretty good right now.  Awesome!

BuckeyeNurse

208 in March for me.  Not what I was hoping for, but given the weather and my left knee's current annoying state, I'll take it.

I'm tentatively planning on the Badgerland Striders South Shore Half Marathon in Milwaukee this coming Sunday if the weather is good.  I'll use it as a tune-up/goal pace setting race in preparation for the Wisconsin Marathon.  I'm half-thinking of running the Cleveland Marathon instead of Wisconsin since it's two weeks later and would give me some extra time to get in some of the runs I missed because of my knee, but I think the convenience of running Wisconsin will win out.  Plus, it looks like all the cool kids are doing Wisconsin Cool

Trail Dog

So that is four of us now running Wisconsin, two for the half and two for the full. We should try to meet up after the race.

The South Shore half totally fell off my radar. $20 race day registration, and doesn't start until 9am. Very tempting but I'm not sure it will fit in with the long run I have scheduled this weekend (9 easy + 13 at GMP). If it was closer, I'd run the 9 then go to the 13 at the race. Oh well.

208 in March for me.  Not what I was hoping for, but given the weather and my left knee's current annoying state, I'll take it.

I'm tentatively planning on the Badgerland Striders South Shore Half Marathon in Milwaukee this coming Sunday if the weather is good.  I'll use it as a tune-up/goal pace setting race in preparation for the Wisconsin Marathon.  I'm half-thinking of running the Cleveland Marathon instead of Wisconsin since it's two weeks later and would give me some extra time to get in some of the runs I missed because of my knee, but I think the convenience of running Wisconsin will win out.  Plus, it looks like all the cool kids are doing Wisconsin Cool

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

They play with the date of the Shamrock Shuffle every year- there was a St. Paddy's Day race on St. Patrick's Day weekend, but no Shamrock.

Having done the full in both Cleveland and Wisconsin previously, I would opt to do Cleveland again before doing Wisconsin again, but you really can't go wrong with either. Cleveland has more of a 'big city' feel and much more do to leading up to and after the race, Kenosha has small town charm and a slightly flatter course (they're both very, very flat courses though). That said, probably have a better chance of getting some great weather by going with the earlier, northern-ier race, so maybe I'd do Kenosha again after all. One more chance to smuggle some Spotted Cow back home would probably be the deciding factor.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

Trail Dog

The only thing I'm worried about with Wisconsin is the potential for winds off the lake...

Does anybody know if there will be pace groups? I don't see anything on the website, and I have a hunch the race is to small to warrant them.