Windy City Runners

Monthlies - April (Read 20 times)

Duke of the Internet

I have not run it previously but I will be at Northshore in June!

I really like that course.  It's very pretty.  Lots of old houses from people with money.  It's a little hilly but the course has changed from when I ran it in 2010.  The beach hill is legendary.  Have fun!!

Duke of the Internet

Congrats on the 3:08 and qualifying for 2014.  That is terrific!!

Thanks!  Boston is a hard course and I could have run faster had I paced a little better.  I enjoyed the actual race.  The rest was hard .....

Duke of the Internet

Great marathon, badger!

Amanda-- I'm excited to hear how your marathon goes! I don't see a 4 hour marathon for me yet this year, but I will go for 4:15 this fall, and then see how that goes. I was looking at the website yesterday and it says that the half/full share the first 11.5 miles, so I could be running your pace for the first stretch. I have a feeling you might have a pacer, though. Big grin

I spent much of last week in southwest Florida - it was record hot and though I did get out to run every morning, they were short. I used to think I would hate living in Florida...but I think I could get used to the heat and I guess when it gets really hot, you just run inside like we do here when it is really cold or icy, right? DH is originally from the south and I know he would love to move in that direction some day... maybe in 5-10 years or so... Smile

Thanks so much!  She does have a pacer for her marathon.  You might be better company but she is stuck with me.  Roll eyes

BuckeyeNurse

Congratulations on a great race, badger.  I'm so glad you enjoyed it, even if it was on the road! Joking

Tomorrow is the registration deadline for the WI marathon in order to pick up the packet in Skokie, so I guess I better bite the bullet tonight, huh?  I'm already taper-cranky and snapping at everyone at work, so I might as well be doing it for a reason and actually run this marathon.

Duke of the Internet

Congratulations on a great race, badger.  I'm so glad you enjoyed it, even if it was on the road! Joking

Tomorrow is the registration deadline for the WI marathon in order to pick up the packet in Skokie, so I guess I better bite the bullet tonight, huh?  I'm already taper-cranky and snapping at everyone at work, so I might as well be doing it for a reason and actually run this marathon.

Cool beans!  I hope we see you there.

Trail Dog

Awesome! Like you, I am tired from training. I considered postponing a few weeks for the marathon at Busse Woods, but I'm sick of all this road running and just want to get it over with. I'm starting to get cranky and tired. I have Leadville marathon at the end of June and need to get back on the trails and start doing some serious hill work on the treadmill.