Windy City Runners

Wisconsin Marathon and Half Marathon (Read 22 times)

Trail Dog

So who is running? If I am following our monthly threads correctly:

Anneb -- Half Marathon

Buckeye Nurse - Marathon

Wrigley Girl - Marathon

Amanda (RoxieRuns) - Marathon

Badger - Marathon

I'm not sure how long people plan to stick around, but Badger and I will stay for post-race beers. He is pacing me and my goal is to break 4 hours (though it is possible I may miss that mark by a few minutes - I'm really on the bubble).

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Wish I was doing this one again- this is my marathon PR, a nice flat course that should yield good temps and times. I'm running a 5k here in Chicago this weekend but will be checking in here when I get home to see how everyone does. Best of luck!

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

Duke of the Internet

We would to meet up with people after the race, if even for a brief time.  Not sure if anyone has any interest or not.  Just throwing it out there.

Trail Dog

Good luck Harry! Sounds like many of us are in the same general part of Chicago, we should pick a race for an FE and post-race beers.

Wish I was doing this one again- this is my marathon PR, a nice flat course that should yield good temps and times. I'm running a 5k here in Chicago this weekend but will be checking in here when I get home to see how everyone does. Best of luck!

BuckeyeNurse

I'd love to meet up! I'll be there alone so it would be nice to hang out after the race a little. I'm hoping for sub-3:50, but would be happy with a PR (3:57) and OK with anything under 4:00.

anneb

I would like to meet up with you all, but I'm not sure I'll be around when you all will be finishing…although if its a nice morning, I could be. It really depends if any of my half fanatic friends are also waiting for friends running the full…

Anne

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Good luck Harry! Sounds like many of us are in the same general part of Chicago, we should pick a race for an FE and post-race beers.

Thanks- I'm all for picking a race for an FE! Once you and the rest of the group have recovered from the PRs that you're all going to set this weekend, we should start a thread to try to pinpoint the right race.

Trail Dog

The weather is still holding for Saturday - few showers with temps in the upper 40s and low 50s. Wind is now 11mph from the east.

Kalsarikännit

I will be there, but I am 1000% confident that my time will be crap. I am using it is a training run, and just ran a bitch of a "mountain" marathon on Saturday. I would love to meet everyone. I am super easy to spot. I am 8 feet tall and have long strawberry-blond pigtails. I don't blend into a crowd well.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trail Dog

Sounds like WG will be easy to spot. Smile

You guys can start looking for us just after 11, near the beer tent. I'll be the one walking around with the black and white striped weasel. Big grin  I'm medium height (5'7") with medium length light brown/blonde hair. It will be in a ponytail with a visor. No clue what I will be wearing, but it will involve shorts or a skirt and a sleeveless tank. Probably my bright pink Saucony shoes. You can click through to my profile for a better picture.

anneb

Since y'all are running the marathon, it's looking like I won't see you - unless I see you during the first 11 or so miles before the half splits! You never know...

I have longish brown hair and will be wearing a blue half fanatic visor, and MAY be wearing a grey/white badger striped shirt that has Bucky (UW) on the front of it. It sounds weird but its not really but if you see it you'll know! Probably wearing black shorts and compression socks as well.

Good luck, all!

Anne

Trail Dog

Anne, maybe we'll see you while waiting for the start - you never know. And the badger shirt will be easy to pick out.

I'm definitely wearing my pink saucony shoes. They are BRIGHT pink with BRIGHT green laces and logo.

Weather looks good for tomorrow morning!

Duke of the Internet

Ok, I'm on the look out for an 8 foot women with pigtails and a women dressed as a badger.  This is turning into a scavenger hunt!

I haven't put any thought into clothes yet.  Definitely black shorts and yellow Asics shoes.  Shirt depends on the weather.  Probably a short sleeve something.  We will be on the look out.  I'm counting on the 8 foot Wrigley tower as the landmark for all of us.  Big grin  I tried to met HarryLee at the bar after Chicago.  We were sittting two tables apart and never found each other.  Clearly, this game is not my strength.  Roll eyes

BuckeyeNurse

Weather is looking pretty great! I'll have black shorts and BRIGHT blue Asics with orange laces- not sure about shirt yet. Possibly a blue Columbus Marathon shirt. And likely a lime green Chicago Marathon hat, if the rain in the forecast holds true.  I'm 5'6ish, light brown/blonde hair in a ponytail. If I can find some tape I might put "Kelsey" on my shirt.

Hope to find some of you before, during, or after! I'm usually awful at these prearranged meetings but I'm hoping that it will be easier in a small town race.

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Well, not that any of you all will see it anyway, but I'll be wearing my yellow 2011 Wisconsin Marathon shirt at my 5k tomorrow as a show of solidarity with my fellow Windy City Runners forumites (and as a show of how long it's been since I've done laundry :look: ) Best of luck, looking forward to reading the RRs and hearing about the meetups!