Windy City Runners

Monthlies - April (Read 20 times)

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Has anyone heard from badger?

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Has anyone heard from badger?

Badger and RoxieRuns are okay.

Running is dumb.

Kalsarikännit

Badger and RoxieRuns are okay.

That is good to hear. Thanks.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looks like a Weber Park run today.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got a break and got out on the NBT by Lake Chick Evans.  Had to pick up a few branches, but otherwise okay, except that Dempster is closed at the tracks.

Looks like a Weber Park run today.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thinking of running the Ram Racing Northshore HM in June.  Does anyone have any experience or opinion on this race?

Trail Dog

Hi everyone. Yes, we are back from Boston and luckily were on the way back to our hotel when the explosions happened. I was a spectator but not near the finish because my general rule of thumb is to stay out of huge crowds. I ran the BAA 5K on Sunday -- a 28 second PR with 24:52. Could have run a bit faster but the crowd was super crowed - over 5500 runners! I was already targeting a BQ marathon this fall, but now I am even more motivated. If I can run 4 hours at Kenosha (which will be my first ever road marathon), I am fairly confident I can shave 15 minutes off before September or October. Badger had a great marathon!

I took the afternoon off work yesterday to run in the Kettles. Of course, loaded the car up with Spotted Cow and some Totally Naked.

Trail Dog

I was there SO long ago. I was overweight and a smoker (as was my ex-husband). We did a few short hikes and basically did driving tours of the area. We did drive to the top of Mt. Washington.

I spent quite a bit of time on the AT in Georgia, when I lived in Atlanta. Such a beautiful place to run. I'm very impressed with your 700 miles! I've always wanted to section run the AT, and am now kicking myself for not doing more while I lived in the southeast. Sounds like you started at Katahdin? I started on the other end, Springer. Smile

Roxie, I just saw your question about the Whites. I haven't been up there yet. I am trying to climb the highpoint of each state, so Mt Washington is on the to-do list. Also, I am section hiking the Appalachian Trail (I have completed the first 700 miles), and that goes right through the Whites. What did you do when you were there?  Did you get up Mt Washington?

Trail Dog

I was there today. New water hazard for the golf course? WOW! Started at Old Orchard and ran north, had to turn around at "Lake" Chick Evans. Path is completely submerged, water everywhere, and I couldn't even see where the path picked up again. No way to get around it. I don't want to take chances with what other areas may look like (Lagoons) so I guess I will do my long run on he Lakefront tomorrow.

Got a break and got out on the NBT by Lake Chick Evans.  Had to pick up a few branches, but otherwise okay, except that Dempster is closed at the tracks.

Trail Dog

Belated congratulations to Jerry/DW on Knoxville; RunnermanDan at Crossroads; and Buckeye at South Shore. Jerry, you picked a hilly one for your first. Badger ran South Shore several years ago and it is also a little hilly. Runnerman thanks for the heads up, Crossroads was never really on my radar but now it is definitely off my radar! Buckeye, the wind is my biggest concern at Kenosha. My backup plan is the Chicagoland Marathon May 19th, at Busse Woods.

BuckeyeNurse

Thanks for the update on the NBT. Guess I'll be on the lakefront tomorrow too.

Ran a solo time trial 10K today in 49:00. I would have liked slightly faster to feel good about a shot at sub 3:50 in Kenosha, but for a time trial I'll take it. I felt way too good at the end, so I think in race conditions I would have been a good 30 seconds to a minute faster. My PR last year was 46:51, but I think it may have been on a short course.

I didn't realize the marathon at Busse was still open! I think I might get painfully bored in 26 miles on that course, though. I'm panicka lot little about wind in Kenosha.

Duke of the Internet

Hey everyone!  Thanks for the concerns and well wishes.  Boston is an awesome race and I highly recommend it to anyone who is able to go.  I think the crowds are way better than the Chicago Marathon and I love the Chicago Marathon.  It's just that every mile at Boston is lined with people cheering.  I was so impressed by the way the city takes ownership of their race.

I ran a 3:08 marathon.  This gives me a solid, pretty much guaranteed qualifying time, in 2014.  I wasn't planning on going back to Boston until 2015, but I think the 2014 race will be amazing.  I expect bigger crowd support and tons of tributes to this years race events.  I also think I would gain some level of closure by going back and re-running the race.  I could change my mind between now and September (that's when you register).  However, I doubt it.  The people of Boston are the best.  I just pray that Chicago goes off without any issues.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the 3:08 and qualifying for 2014.  That is terrific!!

anneb

Thinking of running the Ram Racing Northshore HM in June.  Does anyone have any experience or opinion on this race?

I have not run it previously but I will be at Northshore in June!

Anne

anneb

Great marathon, badger!

Amanda-- I'm excited to hear how your marathon goes! I don't see a 4 hour marathon for me yet this year, but I will go for 4:15 this fall, and then see how that goes. I was looking at the website yesterday and it says that the half/full share the first 11.5 miles, so I could be running your pace for the first stretch. I have a feeling you might have a pacer, though. Big grin

I spent much of last week in southwest Florida - it was record hot and though I did get out to run every morning, they were short. I used to think I would hate living in Florida...but I think I could get used to the heat and I guess when it gets really hot, you just run inside like we do here when it is really cold or icy, right? DH is originally from the south and I know he would love to move in that direction some day... maybe in 5-10 years or so... Smile

Anne