Windy City Runners

Weeklies Dec 24-30th (Read 202 times)

Duke of the Internet

What is everyone doing for Christmas?  I'm staying home this year.  I have traveled for the past 4 years.  It will be nice to avoid O'Hare during the christmas rush.

Kalsarikännit

I just came back from time with family, so my Xmas will be spent solo. The plan is to go for a run, then head up to Devon for Indian. It is usually bustling up there. Running, then Indian food makes for a good day. Reverse that order and you are in for a disaster of epic proportions.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

anneb

7 mile run this morning, now breakfast and off to do some errands with the H. We are hosting my parents and sisters family today but we keep it very casual so we are pretty much ready for them. Mmmm, Indian sounds fantastic. Happy holidays everyone Smile

Anne

Sharz96

Rest day for me.

We head to Michigan this afternoon for Christmas with my family.  Running clothes for tomorrow are in the dryer.  I still have some grocery shopping to do for my contribution to Christmas dinner.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Trail Dog

I love Indian food. I've never tried it before a run, but I imagine that could be a disaster.

We ran 6 miles with the dog today, on the NBT bridle path. Raclette for dinner tonight (a Christmas Eve tradition). No family in Chicago, so tomorrow we will sleep in and run. Smile

TennisKid1192

Kevin

3.13 miles. Of course we're having family over at the house tonight, and as I was running in all sweaty and gross, my aunt and uncle show up haha.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone =]

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 miles on NBT to Glenview Road.  DW making traditional Prime rib tonight with DD's.  Tomorrow we all go down to Kankakee for Christmas Day with BIL's and families.  Smile !!!!!

Trail Dog

5 miles on NBT to Glenview Road.  DW making traditional Prime rib tonight with DD's.  Tomorrow we all go down to Kankakee for Christmas Day with BIL's and families.  Smile !!!!!

I can't enlarge your profile picture, but I think badger and I may have passed you out there. Around 1 or 1:30ish near Glenview Woods? We were northbound on the bridle trail, and you may have been heading back south on the bike path? We had a dog with us (brindled brown/black mix).

Prime rib was my favorite before I became vegetarian. To this day, if I was to ever cheat (which I won't) it would be on prime rib with horseradish sauce. Years ago I would have prime rib for Christmas dinner, along with Yorkshire puddings (aka popovers). So delicious.

Sharz96

Three easy miles back on my old stomping grounds.  Perfect conditions: cold, clear, no wind, pancake flat, and crazy wide shoulders to run on.  My thanks to the Amish for that.

We head to my brother's to start cooking with my SIL in about half an hour.  It'll be 20 of us at their house.  Good times.

Duke of the Internet

Merry Christmas everyone.  I plan on running on the trails later today.  It's snowing!!  Yay!!

BuckeyeNurse

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, if you celebrate!  I'm in Ohio visiting family, so I'm enjoying running on the country roads and some of my old favorite trails.  And also making good use of my parents' treadmill- we have a winter storm warning now for up to a foot of snow this afternoon!  I did get in 5 Christmas Day miles between presents and dinner  Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 miles on the Weber Park (skokie) track.  Felt good for an indoor run. Now that we're indoors, i get a Garmin.

TennisKid1192

Kevin

Saw Les Mis last night. Seeing it again tonight. If you haven't seen it... go! =]

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

Trail Dog

8 mile progression run on our new treadmill. Thanks Santa.  Smile It is snowing quite heavily here in Evanston, I'm guessing 3 inches or so in the last few hours.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Only 3 miles at Weber Park this afternoon, but a little faster thanks to another quick runner.

Amanda, are there any  indoor tracks in Evanston?

Weekend for me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR. !!!!