Windy City Runners

Monthlies-March (Read 25 times)

Sharz96

Today was my 5k, Egg Shell Shuffle in Busse Woods.  I managed to PR by 7 seconds, but I was still disappointed.  The old PR was from 2009, and I ran more milage this past Dec, Jan, and Feb than I ever had before.  I really thought I should have been able to do better despite such a poor March.  So I'm looking for another 5k in a month to see what I can do after another month of 100+ mileage.

Trail Dog

Thanks for the updates on the NBT! Badger and the dog and I will try a run on the NBT trail tomorrow and will report back.

I ran 20 on the lakefront path today. What a gorgeous day. I actually wore short sleeves and a skirt for the first time this year (other than when I was in Africa last month Wink )

Trail Dog

Congrats on the PR Sharz! I think this is your first race this season? If so, it does take some time to get back into the swing of things. Especially since our trails/paths/streets have been in awful condition this winter. I think a 5k next month is a great idea. But hey, you did PR today and that is something to be very proud of right now!!!

Today was my 5k, Egg Shell Shuffle in Busse Woods.  I managed to PR by 7 seconds, but I was still disappointed.  The old PR was from 2009, and I ran more milage this past Dec, Jan, and Feb than I ever had before.  I really thought I should have been able to do better despite such a poor March.  So I'm looking for another 5k in a month to see what I can do after another month of 100+ mileage.

anneb

Sorry you aren't happy about your race, sharz, but I agree that a PR is always a good thing!

I was at egg shell shuffle this morning as well- I ran the half and PR'd. It was my fourth half this year, but the first one I have raced since most I will run as long tempos or whatever. It was chilly this morning- but great racing temps- I went with short sleeves and capris but never ditched my gloves. I was just happy to be wearing a visor instead of a winter cap!

Anne

Trail Dog

Congrats Anne! I knew the shuffle had a 5k, but somehow I missed the memo that there was also a half marathon. I need to keep that in mind for next year. I've worn a visor instead of a beanie for my last two outside runs. Bring on spring!

Happy Easter everyone!

Sharz96

Roxie, yes, my first race of the season.  I'm not much for racing--this is only my 4th race ever, all 5ks, and not more than one in a year.

Congratulations, anneb!

We waited around after the 5k for the winner announcements because my hubby made 3rd in his age group.  (The award was just a cheap water bottle and a Power Bar, but heck, he got his name announced, and that was cool.) I was watching some of the HM-ers come in and wondering if I dared try the the HM next year.  It looks like a great course.