Windy City Runners

Weeklies Jan 21-Jan 27 (Read 17 times)

Sharz96

10 miles on DPRT.  Out and back starting at Independence Grove (on 137) heading south just past Old School Road.  Pretty good conditions, overall.  Quite a bit of snow on the trail, but well packed by other runners, walkers, bikers, dogs, horses, deer, and an ATV (probably the park personnel.)

Trail Dog

Congrats WrigleyGirl, harrylee, and Anne at the F3 half marathon! You lucked out with the weather yesterday - such a gorgeous sunny day.

Buckeyegirl and Sharz, if I recall runningwarehouse.com has the Guide 5 on clearance. I am on my 2nd pair of Guide 6, and love them. I also picked up a pair of Saucony Fastwitch for speedwork (on clearance!) but won't test them out until Wednesday.

Took an early morning drive to Deer Grove Forest Preserve. Knocked out 20 miles on the forest preserve bike path, with some additional miles on the Palantine Trail. Made a stupid mistake and wore my road shoes, which did not work very well on the snow. I had much better luck at Palos yesterday for an 11 miler - with my trail shoes! It was so beautiful yesterday with the sunshine, I could run outside in those temps forever. I'm beat and am enjoying a cold beer with my feet up in the recliner. Smile

Trail Dog

And a cold weather gear update --- a few weeks ago I bought the insulated CWX pro tights. I love the compression, but honestly don't think they are that warm. Really no warmer than my regular non-insulated CWX. When I ran at Palos yesterday (low 20s) I put a pair of yoga pants over them to keep my legs warm.

I also bought a pair of the Brooks Silver Bullet Wind Tights, which went on clearance on the Brooks website a few days ago. They were delivered late yesterday afternoon, and I wore them today. SO COMFORTABLE and WARM! Very soft on the inside, and water resistant on the outside. I swear it was like wearing pajama pants. Smile The length runs a little short, and I also think the waist is a little short, but I went up a size to a medium so the sizing is perfect (even though they are a little baggy around the waist and hips). They looked ugly on the website, but are fine in person. Anyway, I think these will be my go-to tights for cold weather. And i can wear a pair of light tights or capris underneath on the very coldest days.

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

I also bought a pair of the Brooks Silver Bullet Wind Tights, which went on clearance on the Brooks website a few days ago. They were delivered late yesterday afternoon, and I wore them today. SO COMFORTABLE and WARM! Very soft on the inside, and water resistant on the outside. I swear it was like wearing pajama pants. Smile 

Do they have hearts and teddy bears like real pajama pants?  Smile

I have a pair of 2XU thermal tights.  Light but surprisingly warm once you get moving.  Felt fine on the roads this morning.  17.75 miles for me.  The extra 0.25 was a lap of the track too far.

Planning on ice skating later.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."