Windy City Runners

Monthlies-March (Read 25 times)

Duke of the Internet

March is finally here.  Bring on spring!!  How miles did you run for February?  I hit 318, which is a "February" record for me.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

93. Worst in last 6 months.  Just can't get anywhere running in circles.

BTW,  Friday mornings are very crowded at Park Center.

anneb

I ran 176 in February. I am really sick of the snow - the neighborhood streets are either snowy or too narrow, I can't run on the north branch. I am glad I have a treadmill but I am spending way too many hours on it! Here's to getting outside more in March Smile

Anne

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

230 for me.  I got away with 1 TM run (albeit 16 miles with tempo) and managed to get outside a far amount. Spending the 1st 2 weeks of the month in South Carolina helped on that front.  Smile  Lots of miles on the Park Center track where there are lots of idiots who can't read and have no common sense and so walk out without looking.  I'd hate to see how they drive a car.   I have found the track best before 7am, between 11 - noon and 2-3pm then late (after 7pm).  

That said, hit the park center track for the 3rd time this week for my 2nd speed workout.  2 * 2 miles tempo.  That was easier that the 800s + 200s I did on Wednesday.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

There was a group of about 10 people walking together at Park Center at about 1000.   That was a challenge.  Good that you weren't there Asics.

Duke of the Internet

Yeah, I hear you guys on the indoor track.  I was running on it yesterday (at my gym).  A woman cut across the track when I was running on it.  I almost knocked her over.  She yelled at me and told me to slow down before I hurt someone.  Roll eyes

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Anyone running the 5 or 10k at Lincoln Park tomorrow? I'm going to go for the 10, hoping the course is nice and clear with normal traction.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

Sharz96

68.9 miles in Feb for me.  Eehh.  I'm falling so far behind my pace bunny.

Duke of the Internet

Anyone running the 5 or 10k at Lincoln Park tomorrow? I'm going to go for the 10, hoping the course is nice and clear with normal traction.

I didn't even know about it.  I ran 28 miles on lakefront path today.  I assume it wasn't anywhere near the path as I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.  Hope it went well for you.

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

I didn't even know about it.  I ran 28 miles on lakefront path today.  I assume it wasn't anywhere near the path as I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.  Hope it went well for you.

So you were just doing a short run, huh? Nice work, dude.

The race was actually this morning, I ran a 47:13 10k. For some perspective on how few people ran this race, that time netted me 2nd in my AG. The lakefront path was fine, but the inner trail that runs through Lincoln Park (where the race started and finished) was garbage. Spent the first and last 3/4 of a mile trying not to fall on my ass, which seemed to be a popular strategy.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

BuckeyeNurse

harrylee, that's ridiculous about the state of the path.  Did it seem like they even TRIED to clear it before the race?

Enjoying a snow day off work today, so I'm heading to the gym before the snow really starts to fall.  Hopefully I'll be able to make it back.  Otherwise I guess I'll just be forced to stay at the gym and put up some badger-style miles on the treadmill until I can dig out.

There's hope- I just saw temps that start with a 5 in the forecast for late next week! 

Duke of the Internet

harrylee, that's ridiculous about the state of the path.  Did it seem like they even TRIED to clear it before the race?

Enjoying a snow day off work today, so I'm heading to the gym before the snow really starts to fall.  Hopefully I'll be able to make it back.  Otherwise I guess I'll just be forced to stay at the gym and put up some badger-style miles on the treadmill until I can dig out.

There's hope- I just saw temps that start with a 5 in the forecast for late next week! 

Did you bring the Cleveland weather with you to Chicago?  I hear the storm is missing them but clobbered us.  Angry

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I think it's going to be a while before the NBT is runnable.  Back to the track again....

anneb

This March is shaping up to be NOTHING like March 2012.

Sad

Anne

Runnerman Dan

Purveyor of peace & love

I got a 9.9 miler in early last month and that was it...  Still in a funk/on a break.  I've got a few things coming up, so I'm gonna try to get a 16-20 miler in this weekend and progress from there...