Windy City Runners

Weeklies Jan 21-Jan 27 (Read 17 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Weber Park  indoor track today.  Kind of slow.  Senior Day.

Sharz96

I hate the treadmill, but indoor track sounds SOOO good right now!

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

LA Fitness indoor track tonight.  6 laps per mile.  10 miles w/ 3 * 10 mins at tempo w/ 3 min jogs between.  Felt off.  Averaged 6:15 pace for the tempo sections but it was hard work.  Had hoped to be around 6:10.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Trail Dog

I also felt a little off on my run today - had a hard time finding my rhythm. I ran a pyramid speed session, so fiddling with the speed kept the treadmill a little more interesting today.

WrigleyGirl - I ran outside Saturday and Sunday, and agree it wasn't so bad. I'll be back outside this weekend, but I have to admit having a treadmill at home makes it really easy to wimp out on shorter weekday runs. Smile

Kalsarikännit

WrigleyGirl - I ran outside Saturday and Sunday, and agree it wasn't so bad. I'll be back outside this weekend, but I have to admit having a treadmill at home makes it really easy to wimp out on shorter weekday runs. Smile

I ran on the TM this morning. The first five miles were spent listening to the guy next to me sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff, until I wanted to scream at him to blow his nose. Then, wish granted!  He started to blow his nose into his hand every other minute.  Naturally, then he would play with the buttons or grab the heart rate monitors with his snotty hands. I started pondering who had been on the TM before me.  At that point I was thinking how nice it would be to be outside!  Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Sharz96

4.1 miles.  Should have been 6, intervals, but I quit the intervals in the middle of the second one because I didn't like how my lungs felt and decided to cut it short a mile later.

Added: I just noticed, that makes 81.4 miles, 2.2 more than my previous monthly high, just last month.  And I still have seven more runs this month.

Trail Dog

Oh man that is disgusting. This reminds me why I have avoided the gym my entire life.

I ran on the TM this morning. The first five miles were spent listening to the guy next to me sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff, until I wanted to scream at him to blow his nose. Then, wish granted!  He started to blow his nose into his hand every other minute.  Naturally, then he would play with the buttons or grab the heart rate monitors with his snotty hands. I started pondering who had been on the TM before me.  At that point I was thinking how nice it would be to be outside!  Big grin

Kalsarikännit

Back to the great outdoors this morning where I saw a guy running in long basketball shorts.  Also, this morning's run confirmed what I have always noticed on really cold days... there are more women out there than men!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

60 minutes (6 mi) easy run at Park Center (Glenview PD).  Thought about N Branch, but the little bit of snow we had yesterday stuck to the bike path.

Sharz96

3.2 miles, easy.  It was snowing.  And windy.

Looking forward to Sunday's 31F high for a nice long run.

Trail Dog

I love waking up to snow. It's so pretty, and not something I saw very often living in Atlanta. Smile

Rest day today. Despite my best intentions to run outside, yesterday I ran 7 on the treadmill (5 easy with last 2 miles fast). Work got very busy, and I couldn't run until the sun was going down. I love running in the dark, but there is just too much vehicular traffic around here for me to feel safe about it. I wear a reflective vest and red blinky lights, but Chicago drivers are among the worst I have ever seen...

anneb

I ran outside this morning pre-dawn...it was snowy and most spots hadn't been driven on yet, much less walked/run on. First prints all around the neighborhood!

Anne

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Is NBT very slick today?

Sharz96

1.8 miles, easy, in my neighborhood.  To make up for some of the mileage I cut short earlier in the week when it was so cold.  Gorgeous morning, bright and sunny and hardly any wind.

And the other reason I wanted to run was to take out some new shoes for their inaugeral run.  I stopped by Sports Authority last night for no particular reason (except to fondle UnderArmour, naturally Wink ) and saw that they had the Saucony Guide 5 on sale for $59.99.  Saucony is just releasing their Guide 6 and the 5's are down in the $80s range elsewhere, but I decided $60 was too good to pass up.

BuckeyeNurse

Sharz, I saw your post about the Guides, which I've been meaning to get for a few weeks now, and jumped off the couch and headed to Sports Authority!  Unfortunately  only one color was on sale and they were all out of my size in that color.  I might hit up the one near work tomorrow  to see if they have any.

10 yesterday afternoon in the "warm" temps (for this week, at least), and then 15 on the TM at the gym today because I thought the ice storm was going to come earlier- turns out I would have been fine outside.  But I CAN'T WAIT for almost 50 degrees tomorrow, and 60 degrees on Tuesday!!