Whitefish High School

Summer Running (Read 154 times)

Anne Dan

If I am lucky, I will be home by early august. Bill, are you and Sara still doing summer runs? I told my coach I would train with either the Kalispell team or FVCC or Lauren or someone that is needing the same type of running I'm supposed to do. I weighed the options between going home or going to train with the Cross Country team....and I decided to take leave, because it will be the only time at home until next Christmas. Ah, decisions, decisions...
      Anne, August - what a great time of the summer. Usually hot, and hopefully not to smokey. We'll be on the trails. Of course that means it will be more of the long, strength type running. I'm sure there be plenty around to run with. I don't think that there'll be a shortage of miles that can be run. Lauren is really showing a new level in our workouts right now. She'll be a good training partner, provided someone can keep control of the pace. (most of the time anyway) I think Sara may be looking for someone to run with that will not hold her back as much as I've been lately. It will be great having you back for a while. Keep up the great running. Keep up the school work as well. The nice thing about a freshman year is that it's just that. A new beginning. You've plenty of time to make it fit. Bill
        Anne, of course we are doing summer runs, don't we always? We are not the Kalispell team, but, you can train with the Whitefish team. I am sure you will have lots of stories to tell.
          Hey..... Kalispell team, FVCC..... I didn't notice that until Sara just pointed that out. Ouch!!! Someone take the knife out of my back..... Bill
          Anne Dan

lol, my coach mentioned that "anne, you could run with the kalispell team, they have a good program." i told her i would consider it but, my whitefish team just won state and there are many dedicated runners there as well. little does she know how much cooler the whitefish team is..... i am hoping to train as well or better than my teammates that will be training together on the jersey shore...my parents just said, that if the season doesnt go as well as i hoped, that i cant be dissapointed by deciding to come home. i weighed the options, and it will definetly be worth it to come home, and i am confident that i can keep the running at a high enough level to make it through another season next year. when i get sad when im running, i just envision running behind bill or sara on the montana trails...then i remember alll those funny stories and it cheers me. its nice to have those memories!