Whitefish High School

Loni, is your log up to date? (Read 327 times)

I noticed in your last post that you took a fall. Welcome to the winter fell club. I don't remember if I have fallen or not. It could just happen so much that I don't remember when it happens anymore. I know I've taken some duzies in winters past. I've been in Salt Lake City, and am sitting in the airport as I write. I have enjoyed the warmer (36 degrees plus) and the great footing. I actually did a couple of reallly nice, and longer runs. This was quite a change from the shorter snowy (icy) ones in Kalispell. Oh, back to the original topic. Have you been running? consistantly? I bumped into the Missoula Hellgate XC coach while I was here. He said that his girls team will be really strong this next xc season. They weren't to far behind us at the Flathead Invitational. Bill
    Love to run

when i fell , i feel on my back and hurts my hips and lower back im fine now, i took 4 days off , im going today but i will keep it consistant. i just have that feeling that if i didnt take a couple days off that i would get really hurt so i noticed it when it started and took care of it, i fine. looks like i have my work cut out for me this fall.
      Love to run

ive been keeping it consistant. i have been running everyday. it feels so great. talk to you soon
          Loni, I was thinking about your training, as I was running today. When a person is out for 1:43:00 they have a lot of time to think about random stuff. Here's what I came up with: Run every day! That's the challenge. If you need an easy day, then go really short, even a mile. Don't ignore pain. If you notice soreness, then keep the next run really easy. The key is going to be the mileage at this point. It's not about quality, and it's not about speed. It's about picking the feet up, and putting them back down. All that you do now, will pay off in May. I liked your last week. Especially the shorter days. It's my feeling that anyone can go out for an 8 miler. That means your psyched and motivated. The 2 to 4 milers are when motivation is lagging, and a person doesn't want to go, but does anyway. Consistancy is the key to success in distance running. Keep enjoying the run. Bill
          Love to run

its been so amazing. I have been running everyday. the only day i really took off was saturday, i went 6 today and it was easy yesterday, so tomorrow maybe a 7. But i am feeling super well! Thanks Bill!! You are always the best coach!