Whitefish High School

I just can't help myself... (Read 191 times)

Jacob Fern

check out this groovy picture.
      ha i like it
      Jacob Fern

that's a hitler quote, by the way. (I thought that was particularly fitting...)
          You think that's amazing. Think about this: He was elected to two terms. That means more people don't agree with the picture than that do. Go Hillary!
          Jacob Fern

He was elected to two terms. That means more people don't agree with the picture than that do.
            Ah yes.... the democratic process.... no one can argue with it. Majority rule. Whatever the most people want must be the correct decision. I'm all for it, but when we elect the good aspects of a person, we must also live with the bad. Because I've already brought up Hitler, I'll stick with that analogy. We must keep in mind that he too was democratically elected. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's right.... But, in all honesty, the picture was meant as a joke. I am obviously not saying that Bush is like Hitler in any way... I'm convinced that he is acting on what he thinks is right. I just don't agree. And as for Hillary.... Well, I just don't think it will happen. I have nothing against her. To be honest, I don't really know enough about her to form a real opinion. I do, however, know that many people hate her, including some democrats. If she were to be the democratic candidate in 2008, I can't forcast a democratic win. She is way too polarizing. The democrats know this, and are not going to waist and opportunity to gain control of the presidency. There's a democratic movement right now, and as long as they can keep it moving, they could win in 08. But if they break up their own party now by selecting Hillary... I don't think they could do it. Obama, maybe. Hillary, no. Ok, thats enough from me. Feel free to rip it to shreds now. -Jacob
              * Rip, rip, shred, shred, shred.* Smile I agree, I just felt like ripping someone to shreds. As for the picture I think the hitler might not be so far off the mark. Just Arabs instead of Jews... Why, just the other day, my friend Ahmed was arrested by the DHS, based solely on his ethnicity. Yes, he was making bombs in his basement, but what right does that give them to just arrest him. Maybe he was planning on exercising free speech with that fertilizer. But seriously, I'm not sure that any proactive killing of terrorists will solve the problem, in fact I'm sure it won't work. When has a ideological movement been stopped by brute force? And what did Iraq have to do with terrorists before we invaded? Nothing. What happened to "In war: truth first, there's always time for lies later"? One thing is certain: "You can't fight ideas with bullets."
              Confidence and rashness are sides of a single coin. --The Cat
                Actually, that's not quite true. Saddam defeated ideas with bullets for years. That's why he was able to keep Iraq from the problem they have right now. I'm afraid that the religous and ethnic differences in that country was a big problem well before the US ever entered their country. It was just held in check by prison terms and beheadings. I do, however, think that this fact was not fully researched before the removal of the Iraqi head of state and government by US forces. That may be why there is such a problem right now. Sunni, Shiites and Kerds just don't want to live together and get along, for the most part. Bill
                Jacob Fern

Actually, that's not quite true. Saddam defeated ideas with bullets for years.
                  True.... But did he defeat the ideas or simply quell them... keeping them at bay until they had an opportunity to rise again (the source of our problems). If anything, the suppression of an idea only makes it stronger. Maybe it will be useless for a long time, but when it gets out, it has more power than ever. But, according to some professor at MSU that came into our chemistry class today, the reason the middle east is in turmoil right now is because they are lacking zinc in their soil. All we have to do is sprinkle zinc on their food, and we will bring about world peace. (yeah, I'm not convinced either)
                    Yes, but since every "evil" leader only quells the ideas. So we can't blame ours for being something worse. I vote to send Zinc!
                      Expletive, expletive. I may not be posting any of my ideas. I worked on a post last night and it never showed up. Sad
                        Michael, Why can I not look at your training log? Bill
                          I don't know but I'm sure I have it set to be publicly viewable. Okay, in that lost post I basically wrote that I should have said: You can't [destroy] ideas with bullets, but chose not to change the quote. I won't even go into the other stuff. You know how hard it is to rewrite something that was thought through, then lost. ...well, I do remember... some rubbish about the eventual success of truly worthy ideas. Yes, in the long run, unless the idea is found to be faulty, a despot or fascist regime is incapable of stamping it out. And Iraq is a civil conflict between the islamic factions that simply aren't the same terrorist groups who we set out to end. However, our actions there and in other countries are only feeding the flames of fanaticism throughout the Islamic world. I worked in a Machiavelli reference too, but I don't really care about that. That's all I can think of, at any rate.
                            I agree with your assesment of the situation. In regard to your running log, and it's lack of ability for public view, you must go to the options button in the upper right and click on it. Then go into the running log section, and click the box that allows for others to view your log. That will allow me to see your training. Thanks, Bill