Whitefish High School

New Year, New Goals (Read 90 times)

Anne Dan

Well over Christmas I at first felt pretty burned out so I couldn't run without an incentive/ great reward at the end....shopping!! I mapped a route from Whitefish to Target, thinking I would avoid the highway by taking KM Ranch Road and those back roads...but I ended up at the city dump and ran along the 4-wheel tracks next to 93....ahhh!!! But the 3:35 min, halucinating, snowy run was worth the mocha and accessories I got to buy at Target, plus my brother picked me up and drove me home so kindly. Anyway, now I'm back HERE....I got mostly B's, a few C's and I falied this one intro to systems engineering class which means....summer school, which most likely means no Montana for the summer. I could possibly be in Florida for spring break for track training if I'm still eligible w/ grades. I worked really hard for the grades I got, and despite going in for help in that one class almost every day, I still failed one....better than three though. My goals for this running season are posted on my training log, that I will be consistently using (one of my goals) and I still would like to set some more fun, decent goals for overall health and wellness, perhaps not all related to running. If anyone has any good ideas that I should consider as a goal, I'd love feedback. Also, any motivational feedback from my beautiful Montana and all you dudes back there....I'd love that too!! Bill, sorry I didn't get the chance to run with you and Sara over break...I will again one day! I love running and listening to your stories, advice and educating me on the sport of running...I may not always understand everything, but some the greatest running knowledge I've gained was listening when out on a trail. I will be pretty much consumed in Academics this semester, because it is my focal point of interest and the most important thing right now, but I'll keep in touch! The first indoor meet is this Saturday and I'll be running the 5000 M!! AHHHHH nightmare, but hopefully I'll only go through this once.
      Very cool. Well, I don't know about the run to target, that sounded kind of crazy. But, as they said in the great movie Vegas Vacation, "Better to do it while your young and foolish." Good Luck with the 5000, and with your classes. Bill