Whitefish High School

Adventure Run!! (Read 141 times)

Jacob Fern

I had an awesome adventure run through manhattan and brooklyn. I started out at the dorm, then went down to the Williamsburg bridge and went over to brooklyn. For a while, I just ran around in the ghetto areas, where there were no lights, and where the streets started twisting and turning around. I started running in the completely wrong direction, thinking I was still going north, when I saw Manhattan, and it was on the wrong side. Finally I got to the Manhattan bridge, but I didnt feel like going back. I went down to the waterline where i ran right along the water... I could see the manhattan bridge on one side, the brooklyn bridge on the other, and right in the middle, the manhattan skyline. It was one of the most awesome sights i've ever seen. Plus, they had the coolest halloween decoration in history: fiber-optic grass. You know those fiber optic things that look like a long bit of plastic with a light at the end? Imagine that... but grass. It blew my mind. I eventually took the brooklyn bridge back, then ran over to the hudson river side of manhattan, up to 8th street, and back to the dorms. Next time, i'm going to do some more in depth exploring of brooklyn. I like it there. Best run since i've been here... which isn't saying much, but still... noteworthy.
      Jacob! that sounds like such an amazing run! but i just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you to BE CAREFUL when you're running around in the city. one of my friends here just got a call today from her guy friend who lives in the city and he got jumped by some crazy guy last night and popped his ear drum and possibly broke his jaw... so yeah, just thought i would share that scary bit of info with you. although im sure you are already aware that stuff like that happens all the time there but i just thought about you when she told me. anyway, im glad your runs are getting better and i hope they continue to improve!
        Jacob, There's a lot of history there, especially from the early 1900's. You should try to soak up as much as you can. The waterfront areas offer a great alternative to running in central park all the time. Bill
        Jacob Fern

I went for a tri-borough run today... it was awesome. I got stuck in an industrial park at dusk. Good times...