Whitefish High School

pig farm (Read 213 times)

Jacob Fern

Hey bill... i noticed that you ran at the pig farm the other day... How was it?
      Well, Jacob, since Bill didn't respond, I will. The Pig Farm was mostly muddy, partly icy-snowy and partly dry. We went up the middle and could only go @3.5 because we hit major snow in the path. It should be good in not too long with some dry weather.
      Jacob Fern

ah... i see. It certainly would be nice to get out there again and go for a run... Road running just doesn't really do it for me. I hope it's clear soon. Might have to let it dry out for a bit though...
          Jacob, Sara gave you the specifics, but she kind of missed the essence of the experience. The Pig Farm was... well.... an awakening. Okay, only the closest trails were melted enough to enjoy, and the hills created a greater energy output, it still was nice to get off the pavement. I'm sorry your condition will not allow you to experience this enjoyment until after spring break. I'm certain that the cure to your health issue is one of rest, and perhaps a new pair of shoes. I would suggest an investment in a different model of footwear. Something still soft and flexible, but that offers a completely different feel than the ones you have right now. I know that the pair of Golites I'm running in right now, although different than what I'm accustomed to , is allowing me to really enjoy my running without stress to my calves. That sure beats the heck out of pain every step. In your case, let's plan on getting back into the program immediately following spring break. Stay off the downhills, keep icing, and think healthy thoughts. I'm going to bring a book for you to read. It should help to keep you occupied while you are recovering. It will give you great insight into the sport as a whole. Bill
          Love to run

Pig farm! So excited! Are we all going to fit in the van? Oh yah , we have the new van right? But, yah , I'm so going . I absolutely love pig farm! Oh , are we meeting at the school? Well, love running with you guys, more adventures to come! Loni
            Jacob Fern

I'm going to bring a book for you to read. It should help to keep you occupied while you are recovering. It will give you great insight into the sport as a whole.
              Ah... good. I'm getting way too much done. I need a bit of a distraction to slow me down. I will be there tomorrow for the whole bulldog card thing... if I don't see you then, I'll also be coming on Friday to try out running again. -Jacob
                I'm getting way too much done. I need a bit of a distraction to slow me down.
                How is that possible? Running doesn't take up that much time and I am swamped. Have you heard back from any other schools yet?
                Jacob Fern

Well, its not that running really takes all that much time, but the whole process does. After getting dressed, running, taking a shower, getting something to eat... it takes a lot of time. Plus, i do a lot of sitting around during the process (but now while I'm running, as that would be a bit counter productive...) Now that I'm not running, I just come home and start doing my homework... which is really depressing, and leaves me with nothing to do in school. I just finished my gov. essay, which is really long and boring... Here's the word on schools: -University of Washington - I got in, but they don't want to give me any money, so I dont' that that will happen -Washington University - Wait listed -U of M - got in -Stanford - I figure out at exactaly 4:00 pm on friday afternoon. too bad i'll be at track... -The others: - who knows. How about you?
                    MSU: in several months ago + big scholarship Whitman College: got the acceptance letter today, very exciting Middlebury: will find out Saturday 8:00 a.m. Bates: letter should come next week while i'm gone but it might be online saturday as well Yale: hopefully will be able to find a computer in canada on April 1st, if not the letter will be waiting
                    Jacob Fern

Cornell - wait listed again. I'm beginning to think that I should have gone the way that I usually approach things... aim low, and you won't be disappointed. Good job on Whitman though! is that your first choice?
                        whitman and middlebury are about equal academics are better at middlebury but whitman is closer i still have no idea how much money they will give me though so we'll see don't be so pessimistic, you've only heard from 3 schools, there are still plenty left
                        Jacob Fern

i just realized... I said U of M above, but I meant MSU... Although I would rather go to missoula.
                            "although I'd rather go to Missoula" ? What's that all about? This non running thing has made you completely bonkers! I'll be at practice tonight with a book that we'll get you on the correct path. Bill
                            Jacob Fern

no... here's what I mean. I said u of m above. I meant MSU. I don't like bozeman. I like missoula better, hence the comment "although I'd rather go to missoula". When it really comes down to it, I don't really want to go to either one, so it doesn't matter anyway. 3 hours, 24 minutes 13 seconds till stanford decisions come out...