Whitefish High School

Lost Bag - Costa Rica (Read 125 times)

Jacob: How did you get 75.00 for a lost bag for a day? Usually, they say tough luck and get it to you the next day after giving you an overnight kit - never any money! Also, how was Costa Rica?
    Jacob Fern

Well, Alaska will do it for you if you aren't at home. Since I'm staying with my sister, I'm not. Usually they give you $25 for the frist 24 hours, and then $50/day after that, but they just went ahead and gave me $75 since it was 30 degrees out and I was wearing shorts, a tee shirt, and flip flops. I don't actually have the money yet... I have to bring them my reciept today and they said they'd give me a check. Costa Rica was really good... not much running, but it was great to relax for a bit. Lots of time on the beach, which was wonderfully warm. Got a pretty killer sunburn though (which had a lot to do with my run on the beach, I think).
      Jacob Fern

Actually, nevermind the $75. Through a series of unfortunate small errors on the part of Alaska, they seem to have conveniently forgotten (or erased all record on their computers) that they promised me compensation. Oh well... Life goes on, I suppose. (but I will be doing some phone calls tomorrow to get to the bottom of this...)
          Well, you will have to give us some details on the country at camp or before. Good luck with the $75.00, funny how easily those things get "lost".
          Jacob Fern

good news... on my way to NYC they lost my bags... and this time, they're going to CHARGE me $85 do deliver it....
              If there's a way to make a buck. Someone in New York will figure it out. Bill