Whitefish High School

What is going on? I haven't heard from everyone in a while. (Read 113 times)

What's up.  It looks like some of you are running?

Jacob Fern

I started running about a month ago... and I'm finally getting back into shape.  It feels great to be back.  I'm working now, so my schedule is a little bit more predictable, and that's made it easier to start again.  I've been trying to keep it easy so far, so that I don't hurt myself, and I'm forcing myself to take days off so that I don't do too many miles.  I also found a couple people at work who run during lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which helps keep me motivated.  I did a 5K last weekend, and even tough it was way slower than what I used to run, it was better than I expected, and I actually had fun.  I'm looking around for more road races to do, but they're all super expensive around here for some reason... I just can't justify paying $50 for a 5K, no matter how good the t-shirts are.  I guess I was spoiled by the NYRR races, which were $15-20, no matter the distance.

I still check here often, even though it's been pretty quiet lately.  I guess that everyone just uses facebook these days, so there's not much of a need for the group, but I still like to keep my running log online, and this is probably the best site to do it.  It would be nice to hear from some other people, if you're still around... Anne? Janna?  What have you been up to lately?  I assume you guys graduated this spring?

Anyway, good luck with the end of the XC season... it's always fun to see the results come in.  

-Jacob

Jacob,

Now that the season is over, I'm very motivated to get my own running back up to a decent level.  I'll be starting a new program I've drawn up tomorrow, so I'm excited about that.  Hopefully I'll get in better running shape.  Janna helped us out coaching this fall.  I've heard that Anne is likely to be stationed in Washington State later this winter.

Facebook has certainly taken up a chunk of the keeping up with people news.  This is still the place to go for a good forum and a great place to log running miles.  I'm looking at using it a lot more for the team this spring and summer.  I had a lot of runners do a fair amount of miles on their own, but it's hard to know what they're really doing if they don't log it.  It's amazing how a few days a week, turns into "I've training all summer."  Yet the results don't show a full summer of training.

Bill