Whitefish High School

Question for Bill (Read 151 times)

Jacob Fern

Ever since I left whitefish (a little over a week ago), I haven't had a single good run. In fact, I don't think I've felt this bad since I first started running. I can't really figure out why though. I've been eating all right, and I've been sleeping enough... I'm at low elevation, so I should feel better. Yet every time i go out for a run I go slow and feel extremely tired and weak. Today I went out slow, knowing that I probably wouldn't be feeling all that great, so I would just take it easy. Still, after only 18 minutes, I had to stop and walk, then I turned around and went back. It's actually kind of freaking me out. Any ideas, or suggestions? Thanks, -Jacob
      Well, it could be several different possibilities. First, If I'm not mistaken. When it's 7:00 am here, It's 9:00 am there. So, if you get up at 7:00 am, then you are getting up at 5:00 am in regard to your body clock. Your body may be getting used to the time change. One day or two is probably not a big deal, but when added up over a week or so, it would make a pretty big difference. Also, another possibility could be an iron deficency. Have you been taking multivitamins with iron at least 3 times a week all summer? If not, I'd go out and buy the flintstones chewables with iron. 3rd, it could be a virus. Something like mono (hey Natalie got it so anythings possible.) Get lot's of sleep. Chug the juice, and relax. Get used to the surroundings. Go out for a few walks until you get some energy back. Keep me informed how you are feeling. Bill
      Jacob Fern

Well, today was much better... i didn't run yesterday, but hopefully I can start getting back into a schedule now. I just figured out some stuff about the xc team, and we're going to have a meeting on Tuesday, so that should clear some stuff up. I have the schedule for the meets... it looks like most of them will be in central park and in van cortlandt park, with a few outside of the city. Here's the schedule: XC 2007 Schedule Saturday 9/15 Central Park NYMarath Long Run Sunday 9/16 Van Cortlandt Fred Lebow XC 5k Friday 9/21 New Jersey Stevens Invitational Sunday 9/23 Queens Queens Half Marath Sunday 9/30 Van Cortlandt Lightning Invitational Sunday 9/30 Central Park Marathon Tune Up (18M) Saturday 10/6 Central Park Norway Half Marath Sunday 10/7 New Jersey Highlander Invitational Sunday 10/14 Van Cortlandt Harry Murphy 5k Sunday 10/14 Staten Island Staten Island Half Marathon Sunday 10/21 Van Cortlandt Kurt Steiner 5k Sunday 10/28 Central Park Marathon Kick Off How's the team? Are Drew and Michael able to run yet?