Whitefish High School

NYC Bronx meet (Read 153 times)

Anne Dan

Yesterday I raced on the same course that Jacob was on last weekend! I thought the course was pretty fun. The first mile is terrible because it is flat and open on a big field surrounded by forest. Everybody runs it really fast, and the whole time you know the hills are coming....the first hill wasn't so bad but the five proceeding hills were blehh. after the first hill you run down across a bridge over a highway and race through forested, rolling hills and eventually wind back up crossing the bridge and to the open field that we started in. You get to the field and think your done because everybody's waving and cheering but you still have half a mile to go, so it's a little early for the kick to start! You have to be careful when you start to let go so that you don't die when you are a long ways out. This course has multiple races every weekend, I bet anything that Bill has run on it before too (Van Cordlant Park I think it's called). All of the runners around there were very inspiring to see, not just my competion. It is sweet being able to say I have no ran against schools such as Cornell, Penn State, Harvard, Albany, Iona, Brown, Dartmouth, Wesleyan....etc you get the idea. I feel very lucky and excited to take part in a race of this size and have that great experience to look back on! All in all it was a pretty good running experience.
      Anne, Do you think that it's even a little weird that the girl that finished right behind you, Rita Troup was a counsoler at the Flathead Lake Distance Running Camp this past summer? Nice job, by the way. 6th on your team for the meet. Whoa! Bill
      Anne Dan

I think I even got a PR for my 3 mile, maybe I'm not possitve, and I saw Evan the Counselor from Iona there too! Also, I am going to run in Notredam this Friday...I think it's a 5 K. Well, hopefully I will have my schoolwork done by then! Fun times...
          Yay Anne! You seem to be doing really well and enjoying your time at West Point (running and all). Good luck in any future races!