Whitefish High School

Winter Goals (Read 836 times)

Jacob Fern

So, as a way to start things off, what are your goals this winter?
      Well, my main goal is to run every day. Although that's not just for the winter, that's for the year...so winter goals...um well I guess just to gradually increase my mileage and maybe reach the 250 mark. That's what the goal was for the winter, right Bill? Gah I don't remember.
        I'd like to get in 500 miles between Jan 1st and March 31st. (3 months). You see, I joined this 2000 mile club and now I have to go after the goal. That should be a challenge seeing as last year I just reached over 1350 miles for the year. I'd also like to try to run the snow joke half marathon in Feb. without dieing a horrible death. (Janna, 250 should be enough to reach the minimum level. But, it's to March 14th.) Bill
          Oh, well I'm thinking I'll definately have over 250 then. I guess I don't really have any set winter goals...I was thinking about that half marathon but I really don't know if I could do it. Maybe I'll convince Anne or someone to do it with me...hmmm. I'll have to think about that when it gets closer.
            Is Anne doing any running? She was running everyday. It seemed like she was going to take a break after the Footlocker meet. Remember, the half marathon is called the Snow "Joke". It's not meant to be a serious race. It more an opportunity to run with a bunch of others in the dead of winter at a distance that it way too far. Bill
              Yeah Anne has been running. Jacob said she wanted to do something crazy like start doing 60 miles a week or something but I don't know. Well Ian just told me she's doing 45 right now. I need to tell her to get on here...maybe I will do the half marathon...it could be fun with the right people. Cassie is planning on starting running again this week too so maybe she'll do it.
                45 a week? Wow! I'm jealous. Sounds a bit like Jacob's mileage, whom I see has just moved onto the leader board of the 2000 mile group. It would be great to have both Anne and Cassie join us on the site. It's a pretty cool way to keep in touch. I really like to nature of the entire site also. It's about running rather than all competition. I like the idea of keeping with the fact that running can be a lifestyle rather than only about how fast a person can run. Of course, I'd rather get the benefit of speed also. Bill
                Jacob Fern

Sounds a bit like Jacob's mileage, whom I see has just moved onto the leader board of the 2000 mile group.
                  only for about ten minutes or so... things change quickly