Whitefish High School

1997.0 (Read 123 times)

Jacob Fern

Very cool. From a runner who didn't even come close to making it, I must say, I'm very impressed. By the way. I've been thinking about your problem with the train, and missing running because you didn't have a place to run. I remembered an instance when Emil Zatopek (triple distance gold medal winner 5k, 10 k and marathon in Oly 1952) promised his wife that he would stay home and do the laundry. He wanted to get a long run in, but knew that he had to finish that laundry or face the wrath of his wife. He would put the clothes in the tub, and added water and soap and jumped in running in place on the laundry for a couple of hours. Then he'd pull them out and hang them to dry. He'd then toss in another load and run in place in the tub as the washing machine. It was a pretty ingenious way to get in his run and finish his chore as well. How does this compare to the train. Well, you use the bathroom every hour or two. Lock the door, run in place for five minutes. In the span of 8 hourse, you would have 40 minutes of running in place. Yeah, I know it's not much, but it's a way to make it work if you are really looking for a way. It's not the same as a good run, but the effort and dedication used to make it work, is worth a note for the effort. Try to find ways to make it work. 2000 miles shows that you have the will. Next year, 2500! Nice job. Bill
      Jacob Fern

2000 miles shows that you have the will. Next year, 2500!
        ...or 3000... Wink