Whitefish High School

Races? (Read 328 times)

Love to run

Bill, Are we planning on doing and winter races before track starts. I guess we arent doin Moscow because you arent here. I am going to Pennsylvania and Florida March 28 to April 5. I might miss two races , but i will probably have my practices in well most of them. I need to figure this out, i dont like missing meets, but the tickets were cheap and its my cousins wedding and we are pretty close. So i would like you input on this please? Running is going well for me. My legs are just a little sore, but my stride seems like it's bigger. Hmmmm? well it will make me faster. Look forward to talking to you soon! Loni
      Loni, I really haven't noticed anyone (except Drew, and he's on active rest for a couple of weeks) doing the kind of winter running that would lead to a positive experience with winter racing. The running needs to be like the summer. That's an everyday kind of thing. Let's just get in miles and get ready for spring. The dates your gone won't cause many problems as long as you run while your gone. Bill
      Love to run

thanks bill. No winter races might be nice and just save it up for spring. Thank you for your wonderful coaching guidance. Much appreciated. Oh , and i hate missing meets , but i also feel like the first meet i will just hit all the guns and then end up hurt, so maybe its for the best. im trying to be super careful.
          That's cool. Just try to keep the running going, and don't get to excited about racing yet. We still have nearly two months before the first meet. That's a fair amount of time to put in the miles. Bill
          Love to run

i felt like complete crap today. i came down with a cold and im just exhausted and cranky. i went for a pathetic short , probably not even a mile run. Im home and im gonna rest. My legs are really sore anyways . Oh well. I just had to say it cuz im mad.
              Keep going, even with feeling like crap. Running isn't only about going when you feel good. Keep it short and easy. Even if it's only a mile. Call that good. Most wouldn't put the effort in. Bill
              Love to run

i went today , it felt really good , its weird. anyways found out im missing the first two meets i will be back april 5th i leave march 28 so i can make up practices during break. When i come back to race , people will be like where did she come from! thats what im talking about.