Whitefish High School

name change (Read 151 times)

i figure that if drew feels confident in calling himself cocopuffs i can call myself pattycakes safely. This is OPEN to debate If you wish
      and new shoes I was figuring that if i'm going to be spending three more track season running in circles around the track that I should probably get some designated Track spikes. The rubber cross ones just won't cut it. So I was looking. I went to ASICS cause that's what fell out of a magazine Mr. SHulz gave me and the advertisement looked really good and I found the Turbo Ghost Spike. I think I'll get it. Check it out.
        The Turbo Ghost looks like a great spike. "A premium spike designed for the distance runner seeking super-light performance. Ideal for distance events from 800 to 10K." Be sure that you make an adjustment for the difference between training shoes, and spikes. I'm sure as you found out with your xc spikes. There is usually up to a size difference. The sportsman in Whitefish will be stocking 3 style of distance spikes this spring. Two from Nike the Rival MD III, and the Rival D Plus. The MD for the 400-800-1600 types, that can be used for field events because of the heel padding. The Rival D is a longer distance spike kind of like the Asics, maybe not quite as light. The third option is called the Nerve LD from Brooks. It's a distance spike that runs just a tad wider than the Nike's. Of course the Saucony Kilkinneys are light for xc spikes, so they will still work pretty well for most distance track races, as well as jumping events. Keep in mind that lightness equates to flexability or lacktherof. To be able to handle a really light spike you have to be able to handle the pressure of running with so little support for the entire race distance. This is usually not a problem as we increase our speed work on the track, but I'd recommend working your way into the lighter spikes as the season progresses, rather than using them at the beginning of the season when we are still working on basic speed. It might keep you from getting an arch injury or strain in the achilles region. Bill
          Okay
          Jacob Fern

do you think that it's ok for me to use the same xc spikes that I have been using? I used them for track last year, and they seemed to work fine.
              Yeah, they should work. I always found that I knew when it was time to get a new pair of spikes when I started getting blisters. When the spike is dead you'll know because it used to feel so good on your feet, now they feel crappy. Bill