Whitefish High School

First post is Jacob's responsibility. (Read 94 times)

Jacob, You brought us in to this great site. So you should be the first on to bring us into existance with the first topic.
    Jacob Fern

Ok! I have, as Bill so adequately put it, I "dragged [you] into this site so we may as well use all that it has to offer". (Sorry, Bill, I didn't mean to make it a chore, but you have to admit, it's pretty cool...) As the responsibility for first post falls upon me, it seems only right for me to explain all that is offered. Therefore, I'll do my best to bring you up do date. First, there's the obvious: You can use the site as a really cool online running log. This way, you can let the site do all the work for you... all you have to do is put in the distance, and RunningAhead will do all the totals, make cool little graphs, show your weekly and monthly distances. It will also do other things such as keep track of the miles that you have put on a pair of shoes and keep track of your other activities (biking, swimming, cross training, etc.) There might be other stuff too, but I just haven't found it all yet. There is far more to this site than just a plane old running log. For example, you can use the site to create running routes outside. These routes can be created with google maps, and you can share these routes with everyone else. If you aren't sure what run you want to go on, you can look at other people's routes in the area and try one of theirs. If you are reading this, you have obviously found the forums. They provide a place to get together and talk to your friends, as well as talk with some other people that you have never met. You can learn a lot by looking at the running logs of other people, so I would encourage you to take a look at what other people are doing. There's also a lot of good information out there, and if you have a question, everyone is happy to answer (although some are more helpful than others...) Anyway, there's other stuff available here, but I either forgot about it, haven't found it, or just don't want to take anymore time to type it out. Oh, and by the way, this whole site was started by a guy named Eric, who made the whole site himself, and continues to maintain it. He has chosen to make all of this available for free, and doesn't even advertise... I think that makes this site even more cool than it already is. And one last thing... Bill hinted at some sort of "reward" to the highest recruiters (to this site, that is)... His rewards are usually pretty darn good, so you might want to take this one seriously! -Jacob