Whitefish High School

Cold weather sucks. (Read 314 times)

Love to run

I want to run outside so bad, my mom says no. Darn, ugh, so i will find an alternative. what do you think bill?
      The weather doesn't seem to stop skiiers from skiing. Since the biggest difference between cross country skiing and running is that with skiing they use skis, I would think that running in the cold and snow should be okay as well. I would suggest dressing for the weather, Hat, gloves, neck tuke, layering, and keeping the distance short. I've been out everyday for the past 3 weeks, and seem to be doing fine. It really depends on how much you want to do it. I know every run that I do, I'm better for it. I also know that most of the other runners are using the weather as an excuse for not running. That makes me feel even more confident about my running. You have a winter coat and winter stuff. Go run with that on. You'll be so hot, that you'll beg for cold weather. Remember that in distance running, having the ability to handle adversity, and to be able to overcome obsticles are what lead to success in the sport. If you were worried about weather and conditions all the time, you would have never won the state title in 07. The weather and conditions were terrible on that day. You were able to ignore them and persevre. The reward was great. Now you need to show your mom that you can handle the cold by dressing properly and by having a sound plan on distance to be covered 2-4 miles, and that you have a route that is safe and managable. If you are not able to do that then you may not want to run as much as you say. Bill
      Love to run

Thanks Bill. I love running in the snow. I went today and it was the most amazing run. Im going to keep training despite when people try to hold me back. Its going to be an amazing track season and im not going to get an injury. you know me bill, I cant stop running, but when people say things and hold me back i listen. Its my training tho and i need to be out there for my own good. It was nice seeing you today, it has seemed like forever. Thanks for your advice , it really helped me see. Talk to you soon Loni