Whitefish High School

Hello from Anne (Read 136 times)

Anne Dan

Hey everybody! Good job in Kalispell! Wow, Whitefish is doing awesome this year, keep it up. I also wanted to mention I had a dream about eating brownies in the pantry at running camp and spilling the batter all over sara's kitchen...hehehe and very good dream, it almost tasted real Cross country is pretty fun here, the boys and girls teams and sweet - the coaches are good and everyone is just really nice. There are some fast runners to set a good example and our West Point course incorporates a ski hill that is just like the first part of Tony Mat. Well hope the weekend was enjoyable. Hi to all and good luck!
      I must say that I also am very very impressed with how absolutely AMAZING the girls are doing... I am so jealous I'm not there! Everything is going well here though. I am finally getting closer with the team; they are all really really nice but I still miss everyone at home. I guess the team here is a lot better than I initially thought. We have won both of our meets so far by quite a bit and I guess we're actually ranked like top 35 in the nation now, which I don't think has happened before. It's a bit frustrating that I'm not scoring any points for the team but everyone is really supportive and I know there is still a long season ahead of me. Racing 6K isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I must say that I'm actually quite proud of my first 6K race. So I'm not really sure what the point of this post is...but I guess since Anne got an update I should too. I miss everyone so much! And nice job in Kalispell! Keep up the good work!
        As exciting as it is to see the Whitefish results, I really look foward to seeing the results from you two. You've both really stepped it up to a new level competing in college. As you can see, it's kind of like starting over. You should think back to your first year running in high school, and then see where you ended up. It very well could follow a similiar path in college. There's no reason why you both shouldn't continue to improve as you continue to train and run. Keep up a great running. Anne, it looks like you've worked your way up to seventh. Nice job!, and Janna, you are sitting in eighth, (with the sore foot of your teammate), that's a good place to start. No pressure. Keep running, keep resting, and keep moving your way through the pack. Remember, there is no pecking order unless put one there. Keep setting goals, and work your way to them one step at a time. And.... the girls back here will continue what you and your former teammates had started. Bill