Whitefish High School

Water Running (Read 147 times)

Jacob Fern

Bill, Water running felt good... no knee problems. Except I kept on sinking, which is unfortunate. Being able to breath helps...
      You have two choices, one is to move quicker, the second is to use a floating device. I have an aqua jogger water running device if you'd like to use it. The Wave should have them as well. I'm glad to hear that you didn't have problems. Let's see how it feels tomorrow after walking around on it. I'd like to have you do another water workout tomorrow evening as well. See what you can do about fitting it in after the meet. Bill
      Jacob Fern

Well, water running started out fine today... I got a belt thing that kept me from sinking, which was nice. About 20 minutes in, I got the worst cramp that I have ever had in my calf. I was in the middle of the pool, and it was all I could do to drag myself in along the lane lines. Even when I got out, I couldn't flatten out my foot because it was cramped up so bad. I eventually walked it out, but even now it still hurts. I don't know what caused it... It just came out of the blue. Anyway, I didn't water run anymore after that, since it would have cramped up again if I had tried. (It almost got me again while I was driving home... that wouldn't have been good... No knee problems though....
          Cool. I'm glad you were wearing a floation device. Cramping in the calf region is not all that uncommon while water running, especially since you haven't done much of it in quite a while. Bill
          Jacob Fern

How should I log my water running? Wasn't there a conversion from time to miles or something? (I went for 43 minutes today... felt good).
              Use the old 8 minute rule. It will work as much as we need it. Bill