Weight Loss Dailies

Time for the Tuesdailies! (Read 202 times)

runtravelrun

Good morning!

RR:  None of this today, unless you count Christmas shopping!

NRR:  Work, then some shopping and then a nice relaxing evening with DF.  I haven't started my Christmas shopping, so I figured I should do that.  There's a few stores I want to go to, then I have to do some online shopping for my niece and nephew.  I figure that's easier than buying something and shipping it.  Not sure what DF and I will do, probably just relax and watch some Homeland.

FR:  Nothing too exciting here.

MIA:  Congratulations on the job!  Are you going to take it? 

Anyone know if NJM knows that we moved over here?  I don't think I've seen her on these boards.

Have a great day!

sjp4253

Morning!

Mia-that is great news about the job!!! sounds like a fantastic opportunity and great hours, esp if they get you longer weekends Smile

rtr-possibly thinking about another marathon...there is a spring one that is local and new this year so that could be potential. i like the idea of not traveling for it! have fun christmas shopping, do you have a lot done?

RR: 10 miles this morning, felt really good, not sure why it felt so easy bc i didn't sleep all that much last night, stayed up for most of the Patriots game.

NRR: Watched the patriots and wrapped some christmas presents that came yesterday from amazon. Its not as overwhelming to wrap a couple at a time! Probably running errands after work that needs to include groceries bc I skipped going after work last night. oops.

FR: free bagel/coffee at the gym this morning. nice to have a cup of coffee while getting ready after my shower.

JavaMama

Good morning!

RR: a few miles this afternoon. No more running with the dog until he gets leash trained. He's 90 lbs. and has 0 leash training, so he is very difficult to control. So for the next few weeks I'll go run and then take him for a walk after to get him used to the leash. Hopefully when we get back from our trip I can try again.

NRR: Big B turns 5 today. I can't believe my baby is 5! He got his gift this moring (a drum set) and it was well-received. Tonight will be a special dinner and cheesecake! Dog still has no name. We are calling him Winston for now, but I would like to find another name. I really like Winston, but I had a very good friend in law school who had a dog named Winston and since we studied at her house I spent a lot of time cuddling with him. I just don't know if I will ever be able to associate that name with any other dog.

FR: Made pumpkin pie oatmeal in the crockpot for breakfast this am - forgot how yummy that stuff is!

Daily:

B: pumpkin pie oatmeal, coffee w/ ff creamer

S: special K bar, coffee

L: PB & J w/ all-fruit jam, carrots

D: Mac & cheese, little smokies, peas, cheesecake (all per Big B's request)

Shouts:

rtr - enjoy shopping!! I think I need one more gift for my dad and I need to make my gift for the ILs and then I'm done! Hope you get some names crossed off!

sjp - free bagels and coffee! Yay! Glad you had a nice run this morning.

mia - congrats on the job offer! I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be the right choice for you. Is the job closer to TLC man?

seattlechica

Good morning!

RR - 3 mi tempo run over lunch break today. I kinda like the 5 days a week running so far, at least for now with not a ton of mileage, it is helping to keep me from going insane with the dark and gloomy days.

NRR - Hoping it's a slow day at work today so I can get some last studying in for my final... eek! Grabbing dinner with Mom, Grandma, and DBF beforehand, then final, and then probably going to bed early. May have a glass of wine to celebrate being done with my first back to school quarter!

FR - Baked mac and cheese last night was delicious! I love skinnytaste, it's been a lifesaver with helping me continue to eat healthy and enjoy it. Probably grabbing a steak and blue cheese salad w/pita bread at dinner tonight.

rtr - Christmas shopping can totally be a workout, especially since the malls are so crowded lately!  I hate crowds so I tend to stress myself out in them...  good thing for online shopping!  Maybe we should post something in the RWOL forums so anyone that hasn't been by in a while knows where we went?

sjp - ooh, free bagels/coffee sounds like a great way to start the day!  I think sometimes the runs that I don't expect to be good sometimes turn out to be the best.  I think I am going to have to have a wrapping party, I haven't done any of mine.  Maybe sit down with some Christmas music and hot cocoa with Baileys and just get it done!

Java -  pumpkin pie oatmeal sounds yummy!  Hopefully the pup will be a quick learner - I'm sure it will just take some time to retrain him out of his bad habits.  Happy birthday to Big B!!  I'm sure time just flies by.

mia - congrats on the job offer!!  It sounds like you could possibly be working the perfect shifts to miss most of the traffic... definitely the worst of it is going into downtown between 7:30 and 8ish, and leaving between 5 and 5:30 is bad.  where in Seattle is the office?

MCinFoCo

Hi all,

RR: Had good 4 miles on the TM yesterday, progressively faster. Today was weights; still working on my squat form.

NRR: Starting to take this holiday thing seriously. Got my cards done last night. Actually compiled a list of gifts I need to get. It's not too bad since we draw for gifts in our family, so should go fast.

FR: Cod fillets again last night: Getting boring, but they're so easy and a great shot of protein. But I never get bored with grilled sweet potatoes!

SJP (from yesterday): Yes, a fake tree is a great idea! My mom reminded me that the tree she and my dad used to put up is in our workshop, so we can use it. It's kind of a super-sparkly "Jetsons" sort of tree, but I think it'll work just fine, and a great reminder of my dad, who thought it was the coolest thing ever. (He died about 5 years ago.) 

Seattle: I agree that running more days helps shake off the winter doldrums. Have fun at dinner. End of school quarter is worth celebrating!

RTR: You might want to start with Tana French's first novel in this "Dublin murder squad" series ... In the Woods. They're not necessarily sequential, but some of the characters you meet in the first novel turn up again in other books, so it's fun to know their background.

Mia: Congrats on the job! I've had similar commutes in the past, and just try to focus on catching up on the radio news. 

Java: Once you get the leash training done, it'll be so great to run with the dog! I have a great leash to run my dogs that swivels so they can't wrap me up in it. It helps!

MiaInWA

Good Morning all!

RR: Not sure I have been so inactive lately . . . not good. : (  

NRR: Don't have to be at the DR office until 10:30 today.  We'll see how today goes but I'm feeling really positive about this.  Going to talk about $ today - looked up and saw all kinds of pay ranges so not sure what I should ask for or what it's worth.  I still need to do some shopping and eventually think about cards  I may send out NY's cards/letter instead.  

FR: Good thing is it will be easy to eat healthy at this office, they are all very health conscious it's a big part of their practice - getting the food in order is the start of feeling better is kind of their philosophy, then they see what still needs to be treated.  I didn't eat enough during the day yesterday because I was nervous so today I'll do a little better and that way I won't go overboard at night. 

SHouts:

RTR: sounds like you are getting over your congestion and starting to feel better.  When do you get off for the holidays and how long do you have?

SJP: I ordered quite a few things online but need to still go out and do some shopping.  You're right about wrapping a little at a time.  I need to get started.

Java: Happy birthday to Big B and congrats on your new addition.  I like the name Winston also.  What kind of dog is he?

Seattle: Good luck on your final tonight and then enjoy your holiday break!  The job is about 1 block away from SPU on Nickerson.  

MC: Good job with the weights and also progressing on the Christmas "chores"  When do your children get home for the holidays?

Marian

SimonSaysRun

Fly by for now...

rr.  Planning some speedwork on the TM tonight after M goes down.  4-5ish.

nrr.  Chugging along - making the holidays merry for these little ones!  M's Elf on the Shelf, Twinkle, brought her a glow in the dark bracelet this morning.  She was too funny with it when I turned the lights off!

fr.  Meh.

Have a good one!  BBL for some shouts!

Snowdenrun

Sunshine

Beautiful day for a run.

Hope everyone is running well. I'll be out of my running hibernation on Saturday when my mom leaves. Sorry if the picture is massive, hopefully it turns out.

seattlechica

snowden, what a gorgeous picture!!  I hope you're having a great visit with your mom!