Weight Loss Dailies

Hi.....do you mind if I join in? (Read 13 times)

Jen16226

Hello.

My name is Jen, I am a newer runner and looking for some extra accountability with my weight loss and I thought this might be a nice group to join.

I live in Western PA, mom of 2 plus 3 "bonus" children, married to DH who is on the road about 7 months with his job, work fulltime, 3 furbabies, quit smoking almost 1 year ago (Feb. 9th) and started running as a way to help me stay quit.

Oh, I also have 50 pounds to lose.  I have lost 15 so far through cutting most processed foods out of my diet, journaling my food on My Fitness Pal and exercise.

On my running resume, I have run 5 5K's and in the last 3 was running with a pulled hamstring.  By the 3rd one I reallllllly did it and just stopped to completely rehab it.  That went well and I am in week 2 of training for my first 10K that I will run while visiting my snowbird parents in Florida and then after that, the next biggie will be the Rock n Roll HM in Pittsburgh in August.  Nervous and excited at once.

So I am looking forward to getting to know you and getting and giving encouragement with the weight loss journey and the running.

Jen

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Snowdenrun

Of course you can join in!

It sounds like you've already come far in getting healthy and figured out a lot of things. We're a pretty supportive group and I've seen a lot of positive feedback since I started posting here.

I'm Michelle. I too am a new-ish runner. Been running a bit over a year(didn't really pay attention to when I started). But now I'm to the point I'm starting to consider myself a runner and am making progress in my running. I have about 10-15 pounds I want to loose which would get me at a really comfortable weight. I'm having a really hard, long process of learning whats healthy and whats not, and... applying that to my life.

Welcome!

runtravelrun

Welcome!

I'm Julie.  I'm a teacher living in Philly.  I've been running for about five years.  My next race is a ten miler in May, provided I get in.  I use MFP too!  So far I've found it to be really helpful.  I've lost about twenty pounds on it since last April, but would like to lose another ten or so before my wedding in July.

Congrats on quitting smoking!  That couldn't have been easy!

Jen16226

Thank you for the welcome!

Smile

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

jkr8789

Hi Jen! Welcome to the group! My name is Jordon... I'm a 23yr old (female, thought I should specify since you can't tell from my name) living in Richmond and getting my doctorate of Physical Therapy. I was a really avid lacrosse player all my life, but got burned out on the sport right before college and decided to pick up distance running. Haven't looked back since! I favor the high mileage approach... I've done 15+ marathons, a handful of half marathons, and my first 50k was in December. I'm running two more 50ks this spring, along with 3 marathons, in hopes of working towards a 50mi ultra sometime in 2014. I never really had weight to lose... hah now that I think about it, I'm not sure how I ended up with this group in the first place! But I've been a part of it for... 4-5 years, I think. It's a great group of women! So supportive, fun, talkative... and it's just fun. Glad to have you around!