Barefoot Runners

Searchers on Saturday found the body of renowned long-distance runner Micah True (Read 969 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Friday will be one month since he went missing. Still no details on what happened, wiki says they found him with his legs dangling in a stream with no obvious signs of trauma. I'm really wondering now if the cause of death was some strange, rare occurrence that has no noticeable side effects for the victim. I really hope for the people close to him that they can get some closure and put him to rest soon.

+1

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Finally, a report.  Link to other thread.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Long article, I haven't finished reading it yet but wanted to post it for others to be aware of

Alert Name: Running in NYT
        May 21, 2012 Compiled: 1:38 AM

Caballo Blanco’s Last Run: The Micah True Story

By BARRY BEARAK (NYT)

Micah True became a mythic figure after being featured in the best-selling book “Born to Run.” Then, on March 27, he went for a run in the Gila Wilderness.

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Thank you for sharing this book of an article, I look forward to reading it. 

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I just finished reading it. Very well done, teary eyed.

bob e v